Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by JBsuperG on 21 Dec 2017
  • By me and DK117, this should be in the Traeger section..It would make an archival search easier especially to someone not familiar to P F.

Merry Christmas.
    In hind sight I will agree with this statement.  I thought about putting it there, but thought that maybe not all traeger owners regularly check the traeger section.

Lesson Learned :D
  • #32 by Kristin Meredith on 21 Dec 2017
  • If you want it moved there now, I can do that.
  • #33 by Bar-B-Lew on 21 Dec 2017
  • Ah, I understand why wifi and grate temps left to right are so important to you now.  Hopefully, you get enough information about the Timberline to make a good decision for yourself.  Let us know what you end up doing.
  • #34 by JBsuperG on 21 Dec 2017
  • If you want it moved there now, I can do that.
    Thanks Kristen.  Let’s do that.
  • #35 by tmb2735 on 25 Dec 2017
  • I did a 4 pound USDA Choice boneless Rib roast today At 250 for 2 hours until meat was 125, then took off and cranked the grill to 500 and put back on for 7 minutes per side. Results were perfect!

Pros: Temp was 10 degrees outside with a Northwest wind and we face North, grill was 250 consistently, and made it up to 500 and held it. Pellet consumption was not bad.

Cons: Traeger meat probe is off by 10 degrees (on the low side). I checked with a Maverick Instant probe that I trust. It read 120 while the Traeger read at 110. This needs to be corrected!

Conclusion: Outstanding Rib Roast! (Sorry no pics) Too busy getting sides together. I could not believe it would hit 500 and maintain it in these temps and wind, very happy with that. Everyone loved the meal. The APP was great, I could monitor on my phone and participate with the family. My timing for Dinner ready was spot on which is a usual joke for me. Overall, the grill performed excellent today!

Merry Christmas!

• #36 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Dec 2017
  • Great to hear.  I have had opposite problems with my MAK that read 10° higher temp on food probe than my Thermopen.
  • #37 by Ross77 on 01 Mar 2018
  • The Timberline looks much better than their other models. The super smoke mode sounds just like the RecTec Xtreme Smoke mode which also turns the fan on and off at low temps. I haven’t noticed any soot.

Are you still liking the Timberline?
  • #38 by silverbullet on 05 Mar 2018
  • I seen both sizes of the Timberlines a few days ago at a the dealer I bought my LiL Tex back in 08. I think its a VERY attractive unit! I won't find one in my yard though. The price tag is just to much. No Flame zone cooking. Like one fellow said earlier. Hard to break out in a high end market. When in the past you've been on the low side with grills that for so many years lacked technology the up grades, And questionable when it comes to reliability. My :2cents:
Pages:
Actions