Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is Santa bringing you?  (Read 3962 times)

Free Mr. Tony

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: What is Santa bringing you?
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2017, 08:08:56 PM »

You'll love that knife, FMT. If, by chance, you don't . . . I'd be happy to take that burden off your hands!

Haha, Thanks. I'll let you know. I hesitated for years to move away from my wusthof since I was so comfortable with it, but it's starting to have trouble keeping an edge. I figured I'd give another brand a chance, and see what happens.

FMT
Is that a Shun 8" Chef?

Yes. 8 inch premier. Initially, I was set on a kaji that Williams and Sonoma sells. I went to crate and barrel yesterday, and the premier line is beautiful. They are overpriced for what you get and you are paying for marketing, but they are beautiful and feel really nice in your palm.

As to your sharpening question earlier, I typically take mine to a local knife shop about twice a year. I keep it honed in the meantime, but never try to sharpen myself. Just keep the edge straight. I've heard the shuns come with lifetime sharpening so I may change my habits, but I haven't looked into their program much yet. It wasn't a purchasing factor.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2017, 08:11:40 PM by Free Mr. Tony »

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2017, 10:35:56 AM »

Good health and happiness ,I hope.

Merry Christmas to one and all.

Michael_NW

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Battle Ground, WA
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2017, 03:04:56 AM »

As to your sharpening question earlier, I typically take mine to a local knife shop about twice a year. I keep it honed in the meantime, but never try to sharpen myself. Just keep the edge straight. I've heard the shuns come with lifetime sharpening so I may change my habits, but I haven't looked into their program much yet. It wasn't a purchasing factor.

Since I live close enough to it, I take mine to the KAI warehouse in Tualatin, OR. They will sharpen any two Shun knives, while you wait, for free. More than two and you have to leave them and they will be ready the next day, but it is still free.
MAK 2 Star #2799 Weber Spirit

DMAXNAZ

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2017, 07:14:27 AM »

I was informed yesterday that i would be receiving a delivery of perishable stuff.  It is currently sitting on my patio and i can not zoom the camera in close enough to see where it is from.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it is something that i will be cooking for the xmas dinner.  My mother is sneaky like that.

Something tasty?

David

• Using less gas.
« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2017, 08:52:03 AM »

Well it will not fit under the tree but this is the start of our new retirement home.  It is in (Sun City retirement community)  in Georgetown, Tx
Yes it will have a 19 X 32 ft covered patio at back door,  and contractor is going to stub out hot and cold water and a gas line  so hopefully a outdoor kitchen someday.
Memphis Elite Smoking Brothers 24 in Premier
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up