Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by cookingjnj on 24 Dec 2017
  • Hi all,  the intention was to cook a 4-5 lb boneless prime rib roast for dinner this year.  Unexpected circumstances had me prepare our Christmas Dinner last night....a couple days early.

I cooked a 4 lb prime rib roast at 225 until IT reached 125.  The roast was brushed with Worcestershire Sauce, then rubbed with a light dusting of Penzies English Prime Rib seasoning and then Montreal Steak Seasoning.  Roast was wrapped and back in the fridge for about 4 hours prior to smoking.  Below are some pictures of the meal.  Hmm Hmm good.  Enough for the family and a little bit of leftovers for sammiches. 

With the prime rib I also served baked potato, roasted Brussel Sprouts with bacon, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, steamed Snow Crab Clusters and corn bread.  To change things up a bit I also made Rsisson's  "Best onion and blue cheese sauce" for the dish.  I have to say, thanks Rsisson, that is a great sauce and one I will now make often.  I used baby portabella mushrooms instead of the re-hydrated.

Have to say, based on family feedback, dinner was outstanding.

To each of you and all of your family and loved ones......Merry Christmas.  May the holiday season, and the breath of a new year treat you all well!

Roast rubbed and ready to go
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Off the cooker
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Sliced
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Snow Crab Clusters
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

Plated
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

• #2 by ZCZ on 24 Dec 2017
  • AWESOME.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Z
  • #3 by triplebq on 24 Dec 2017
  • Now that is my turf and surf  :clap:
  • #4 by yorkdude on 24 Dec 2017
  • Holy cow, you just raised the bar. Looking really good.
    Smoking onions and garlic now for the dip recipe.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • #5 by silverbullet on 24 Dec 2017
  • That looks fantastic!
  • #6 by urnmor on 24 Dec 2017
  • great looking dinner
  • #7 by DMAXNAZ on 24 Dec 2017
  • Tasty!
  • #8 by Michael_NW on 25 Dec 2017
  • Very nice! Good idea using Worcestershire Sauce to hold the rub. Could you taste any of it on the finished roast or did it cook away?
  • #9 by Canadian John on 25 Dec 2017
  •  That is a piece of art. Mouth watering indeed!
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Dec 2017
  • Looks great and thanks for experimenting for us on the blue cheese sauce to confirm how good it is.
Pages:
Actions