Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bentley on 23 Dec 2017
  • I will be hard pressed to use my pits 5 times between now and the 1st of April!
  • #17 by Free Mr. Tony on 23 Dec 2017
  • This morning looked like this

So I started my appetizers for Christmas inside.

The chicken on the grill is jalapeno/basil/tequila marinated. It's out of Weber's greatest hits book. Really good chicken. I'm using for nachos.

The short ribs will be some tortilla pinwheels. Korean marinated short rib, Korean BBQ sauce, fresh veggies, cilantro, and a spicy chili drizzle.
  • #18 by okie smokie on 24 Dec 2017
  • What is making the smiley faces on the upper pics?
  • #19 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Dec 2017
  • What is making the smiley faces on the upper pics?

Bone...they are Korean short ribs
  • #20 by Canadian John on 24 Dec 2017
  • I will be hard pressed to use my pits 5 times between now and the 1st of April!
      Does mean no pit evaluations until April?
  • #21 by Bentley on 24 Dec 2017
  • No one is interested! 

Would love to do it, but I am done chasing manufactures like I did in the past.  If they do not find it an advantage to have it done, I will keep the $100-$200 it cost me to do it in my pocket! 

If any member know a Manufacture that wants a Performance Test done, please have them contact me!
  • #22 by DMAXNAZ on 25 Dec 2017
  • I was thinking about cooking inside, but ended up on the pit. What I thought would be a simple vacuum of the firepot turned into over an hour of cleaning in 16* and windy weather. I noticed the last couple of cooks what looked like burnt newspaper was floating around in the pit. I guess the cold weather caused a bunch of the pit seasoning to flake and fall off. It was falling off everywhere. Let's just say my toes were frozen after an hour of cleaning in flip flops. I thought the firepot and ash try clean out would have only been a few minutes. In the end, dinner was great!
  • #23 by yorkdude on 25 Dec 2017
  • FMT, where do you find those flanken ribs? One time I got them and they were awesome but the Asian market doesn't carry them anymore with any meat, we never see them in the stores we go to.
  • #24 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Dec 2017
  • yorkdude, the sams club near me carries them so maybe you could try your local store
  • #25 by Free Mr. Tony on 25 Dec 2017
  • FMT, where do you find those flanken ribs? One time I got them and they were awesome but the Asian market doesn't carry them anymore with any meat, we never see them in the stores we go to.

There is a local butcher that just runs the plate section through the bandsaw to order.  It's about 50/50 that I can find them ready to go at Kroger, but the butcher is right down the same strip mall if needed.
Pages:
Actions