Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by hughver on 27 Sep 2017
  • FWIW, I slice the finished product (bone removed) into 3/4-1" slices and use my hands to pull/breakup, discarding fat and other undesirables. This method cuts down time to pull and results in fairly uniform bite size pieces.
  • #17 by Yelnoc on 27 Sep 2017
  • FWIW, I slice the finished product (bone removed) into 3/4-1" slices and use my hands to pull/breakup, discarding fat and other undesirables. This method cuts down time to pull and results in fairly uniform bite size pieces.

I have been removing the bone most of the summer - maybe 12-16 shoulders - using butchers twine to bind the - one smoke ring to...oops did not mean to get all LTR.  It is kind of a pain to take the bone out and it doesn't seem like it would make the "processing" easier, but I too think it does, and anything to make that end of the cook easier is a good thing.
    • Yelnoc
  • #18 by pmillen on 28 Sep 2017
  • I have been removing the bone most of the summer - maybe 12-16 shoulders - using butchers twine to bind the - one smoke ring to...oops did not mean to get all LTR.  It is kind of a pain to take the bone out and it doesn't seem like it would make the "processing" easier, but I too think it does, and anything to make that end of the cook easier is a good thing.

I'm sorry, I don't understand and I speak jive.
  • #19 by Yelnoc on 28 Sep 2017
  • I have been removing the bone most of the summer - maybe 12-16 shoulders - using butchers twine to bind the - one smoke ring to...oops did not mean to get all LTR.  It is kind of a pain to take the bone out and it doesn't seem like it would make the "processing" easier, but I too think it does, and anything to make that end of the cook easier is a good thing.

Sorry - LTR - One Ring to rule them all, One ring to find them; One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.  kind of a reach I guess.
    • Yelnoc
  • #20 by Bobitis on 28 Sep 2017

Sorry - LTR - One Ring to rule them all, One ring to find them; One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.  kind of a reach I guess.

+1 for the LOTR reference.  Makes me wanna fire up the HD projector in the man cave and slap on some ribs.   :clap:

As to the  OP; I love my meat rakes.
  • #21 by Kristin Meredith on 28 Sep 2017
  • I thought LTR meant "Long Term Relationship" -- so I thought, "Well, some people are very into their meat and maybe he feels he has a long term relationship with pork".  ;D
  • #22 by pmillen on 29 Sep 2017
  • I thought LTR meant "Long Term Relationship" -- so I thought, "Well, some people are very into their meat and maybe he feels he has a long term relationship with pork".  ;D

My take on LTR, too.

Most Sci-Fi and all fantasy are not my style, so I missed the reference.  If I want a dose of fantasy I'll call my broker.
  • #23 by Bobitis on 29 Sep 2017
  • Lord Of The Rings.

Pages:
Actions