Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pork Shoulders  (Read 2234 times)

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
Re: Pork Shoulders
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 01:45:04 PM »

FWIW, I slice the finished product (bone removed) into 3/4-1" slices and use my hands to pull/breakup, discarding fat and other undesirables. This method cuts down time to pull and results in fairly uniform bite size pieces.
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

Yelnoc

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 09:30:55 PM »

FWIW, I slice the finished product (bone removed) into 3/4-1" slices and use my hands to pull/breakup, discarding fat and other undesirables. This method cuts down time to pull and results in fairly uniform bite size pieces.

I have been removing the bone most of the summer - maybe 12-16 shoulders - using butchers twine to bind the - one smoke ring to...oops did not mean to get all LTR.  It is kind of a pain to take the bone out and it doesn't seem like it would make the "processing" easier, but I too think it does, and anything to make that end of the cook easier is a good thing.

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 12:29:03 AM »

I have been removing the bone most of the summer - maybe 12-16 shoulders - using butchers twine to bind the - one smoke ring to...oops did not mean to get all LTR.  It is kind of a pain to take the bone out and it doesn't seem like it would make the "processing" easier, but I too think it does, and anything to make that end of the cook easier is a good thing.

I'm sorry, I don't understand and I speak jive.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Yelnoc

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 07:32:38 PM »

Sorry - LTR - One Ring to rule them all, One ring to find them; One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.  kind of a reach I guess.

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 08:35:44 PM »

Sorry - LTR - One Ring to rule them all, One ring to find them; One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.  kind of a reach I guess.

+1 for the LOTR reference.  Makes me wanna fire up the HD projector in the man cave and slap on some ribs.   :clap:

As to the  OP; I love my meat rakes.
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 11:06:33 PM »

I thought LTR meant "Long Term Relationship" -- so I thought, "Well, some people are very into their meat and maybe he feels he has a long term relationship with pork".  ;D

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 09:34:58 AM »

I thought LTR meant "Long Term Relationship" -- so I thought, "Well, some people are very into their meat and maybe he feels he has a long term relationship with pork".  ;D

My take on LTR, too.

Most Sci-Fi and all fantasy are not my style, so I missed the reference.  If I want a dose of fantasy I'll call my broker.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Bobitis

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Contrary to popular belief, bacon is a vegetable
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 02:35:43 PM »

Lord Of The Rings.

How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up