Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by rughead on 22 Dec 2017

•  Cleaning out my Texas 075 I have had since 2013, I noticed a hole burnt into the side of it.
    I know that is not good. I have only replaced the main fan in this unit since I have had it, so
    it was bound to happen.
    My questions are - where is the best place to get a replacement? Are there different options? Are SS units any better?
    Should I replace the igniter at the same time since it is also original? I believe it is a 9 hole unit.
    Thanks & MERRY CHRISTMAS  :cool:

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 22 Dec 2017
  • try smoke daddy

yes, I would replace the ignitor while you are in there.  save the one you have as a spare for an emergency
  • #3 by dclord on 22 Dec 2017
  • FireCraft sells a stainless steel one. Even though it looked identical to the original, I had to drill a couple of small holes near the igniter so it would breath well enough to fire up consistently.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• #4 by Canadian John on 23 Dec 2017
  •  That's a long time for a Traeger firepot to last!  For the least expensive,I would go Traeger.I believe dollar per hours of life it is the least expensive..I would also replace the igniter.. Make sure you keep your invoices as Traeger replacements have warranty - a year I believe.

Merry Christmas.
  • #5 by KrautBurner on 12 Dec 2018
  •  I realize this is an old thread

The companies that are making stainless steel fire parts are making them out of heavier gauge steel then Traeger comes with

As well ,   Blazin’ and Rec-Tec  are offering stainless steel fire pots with ceramic igniter’s
    I think these are well worth looking into
  • #6 by okie smokie on 01 Apr 2019
  • Rec Tec
     states that their new SS 304 fire pot with the new ceramic igniter will fit Traeger!  I think it is only $79 or thereabouts.  That would be your best bet all around, and never have to worry about an igniter again.  Also the pot is 10 gauge as I recall. Check it out. Good luck.    :bbq:
  • #7 by just4fn on 12 Apr 2019
  • try smoke daddy

yes, I would replace the ignitor while you are in there.  save the one you have as a spare for an emergency

I would use the old one and get a new one and save that for when it goes out.
  • #8 by okie smokie on 12 Apr 2019
  • So what did you do? 
  • #9 by rughead on 13 Apr 2019
  •   I ended up getting one from Grizzly Grillz. Fire Pot & igniter $35.00. Got it on Amazon.
    I got roughly 4 years out of the original so I went back to the steel. I would say 85%
    of my cooing on the Traeger is 225 or under so it should last a while.
Pages:
Actions