Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Greg1 on 14 Oct 2017
  • Burn in went well pretty uneventful.  Thought the Ortech did a nice job controlling the temps.  Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done but I have to cook a brisket and 2 shoulders for a family gathering tomorrow.  I think I will see how the traeger does on an overnighter.
  • #17 by KrautBurner on 14 Dec 2018
  •   Probably not the smartest thing I have ever done but I have to cook a brisket and 2 shoulders for a family gathering tomorrow.  I think I will see how the traeger does on an overnighter.

so,
    howd it do?

it's been a year, 
    do you still have it?   hows she treating you

do you have any pics after surgery ?
  • #18 by okie smokie on 01 Apr 2019
  • My Lil Tex with a full load of pellets tipped and fell while I was pushing it around the porch when brand new.  It resulted in damage to the pellet bin just like you have pictured.  I told Traeger about the accident, and they sent me a brand new hopper box, and after I transferred all the guts and controls, it was like new.  I think if you can find a way to get a decent seal on the lid, and make sure that the auger is still spinning true without friction, it would be a great buy.  You might inquire to see if the current owner can get you a replacement control/hopper box before you buy, (Traeger probably will do for the registered owner???).  Just IMHO.
Pages:
Actions