Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Jun 2019
  • Anyone have instructions on how to install the ignitor rod on the older Traegers?  I sent a request to Traeger, but wanted to check here in case I don't here back from them.  I am thinking of fixing up my Traeger XL and installing that Griddle Hack on one side.  I need to install 2 new igniters and probably shim the auger rod up so it works properly without clunking.  If I get it working how I think it will, I will probably keep it and sell a few other things.
  • #2 by yorkdude on 04 Jun 2019
  • I changed one on my 075 (44mag) and don't remember anything special although it has been probably 5-6 years ago.
  • #3 by Mudflap on 04 Jun 2019
  • I did a search on "Traeger grills owner's manual" and then picked Traeger XL and on page 24 (last one) there is wire diagram. Then on youtube there is a video from traeger showing how on another model but the wires match XL diagram so I would think it is close.

Not sure if you already found this info or not.

Mudflap

EDIT: I sent PM
  • #4 by Canadian John on 04 Jun 2019
  • I don't see why "old" would differ from recent  models... Remove the fire pot and remove the igniter from it. Loop or tie a boot lace or small strong cord to it at the other end (plug) making sure it is ~ 12" longer than the wires...Pull the igniter assy completely out at the fire pot. Detach the boot lace and attach the plug end of the new igniter to it. Pull the old igniter out and discard... Pulling the boot lace back, feed the igniter wires into the fire pot hole while pulling on the boot lace ..You may have to guide the plug  at its exit point...
  • #5 by smokin soon on 04 Jun 2019
  • It's pretty basic, I just used the old wire to pull in the new one. Might also think about replacing the Firepots as well. Mine had holes that weren't supposed to be there. I didn't do the stainless, just went standard.
Pages:
Actions