Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by pmillen on 28 Aug 2017

• EDIT:  The recipe is in the recipe section.
  • #2 by riverrat49 on 28 Aug 2017
  • One suggestion if your doing these on a pellet smoker other than an FE is to leave the sugar off the bone side of the ribs to avoid burning them
  • #3 by Quadman750 on 14 Sep 2017
  • They all look great. :lick:
  • #4 by Queball on 14 Sep 2017
  • Fast Eddy is the way to fly!
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
     [ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball
  • #5 by triplebq on 14 Sep 2017
  • Time to go to the freezer and pull out some ribs. Great job.
  • #6 by pz on 15 Sep 2017
  • Beautiful, gents, simply beautiful  :clap:
  • #7 by ICIdaho on 15 Sep 2017
  • I only use the FE method now and the whole family looks forward to them.  The only thing I change is the brown sugar coat.  I completely leave it off as it seems to burn when the heat source is not set up like the PG-500.  Those do look great!
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Sep 2017
  • I cook very similar but maybe even simpler.  I put rub on both sides and through them on the smoker at 275°.  Sometimes I put rub on the night before and sometimes right before I throw them on the pit.  I check them at 3 hours and go from there.  They are usually done in 3-4 hours.  I don't sauce or add more rub at anytime throughout the cook or spritz or any of that stuff anymore.  Since I don't cook in competitions, I don't focus on looks.  I am most interested in flavor, tenderness, and simplicity.  There always seems to be empty plates of clean eaten bones when I make them for any friends/family so they must be OK. ;D
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Sep 2017
  • I do them just like you Bar-B-Lew. I don't sugar them the night before. Take of the underside membrane, apply a rub and in the pit. Same time frame and then sometimes sauced, most times not.

Maybe we should call it the Bar-B-Que-Lew-Ball method :clap:
  • #10 by zephyr on 16 Sep 2017
  • I do them just like you Bar-B-Lew. I don't sugar them the night before. Take of the underside membrane, apply a rub and in the pit. Same time frame and then sometimes sauced, most times not.

Maybe we should call it the Bar-B-Que-Lew-Ball method :clap:

Is your recipe in the pork section?     ................................     ZEP
  • #11 by GregW on 19 Sep 2017
  • Looks Great.
    I've been doing what I think is Fast Eddy's recipe on my FEC 120. I'm not sure if the cooking temp is correct for my FEC 120.
    The Youtube video I watched was Fast Eddy doing St Louis style on a PG 500. He was using a cook temp of 275 Degrees.
    I'm wondering if the correct temp on a FEC 120 would be somewhat lower due to the FEC's convection air fans.

Anyone have any thoughts on the cooking temp?

• GregW
  • #12 by pmillen on 19 Sep 2017
  • I'm wondering if the correct temp on a FEC 120 would be somewhat lower due to the FEC's convection air fans.

Memphis owners may have some insight.  Their pits are convection fanned.
  • #13 by Quadman750 on 19 Sep 2017
  • Looks Great.
    I've been doing what I think is Fast Eddy's recipe on my FEC 120. I'm not sure if the cooking temp is correct for my FEC 120.
    The Youtube video I watched was Fast Eddy doing St Louis style on a PG 500. He was using a cook temp of 275 Degrees.
    I'm wondering if the correct temp on a FEC 120 would be somewhat lower due to the FEC's convection air fans.

If your ribs finish faster than stated FE method than I think the fans might help it cook faster
  • #14 by Queball on 19 Sep 2017
  • There has got to be someone with a FEC120 on this site. .... GW, start a new thread and title it "FEC120 owners, Need some help". Then explain your situation in the thread. There's got to be a bunch of owners of that unit here. If not, call Cookshack.
    • Queball
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Sep 2017
  • I'm wondering if the correct temp on a FEC 120 would be somewhat lower due to the FEC's convection air fans.

Memphis owners may have some insight.  Their pits are convection fanned.

I go 275 on the Elite.
Pages:
Actions