Here's How I.... > Cook Fish and Seafood

Smoked Salmon

(1/5) > >>

ZCZ:
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

ZCZ:
My neighbor (who has a Memphis Pro as well) recently shared some smoked salmon that was very good so I asked for his recipe.  He said it was a variation on a recipe he saw watching Steve Reichlin on Project Smoke.  I cut his recipe in half as I was only smoking one Costco filet. A little over 2lbs.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

1 Cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of sea salt
Zest from one lemon
A good amount of fresh cracked black pepper
A sprinkling of Italian herbs.

Mix all ingredients then apply to both sides of the salmon and place in a glass dish

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Cover with tin foil and place in the fridge overnight.

ZCZ:
Next morning rinse off, pat dry and refrigerate again for a couple hours until pellicle is on the meat. Get smoker ready. I set the grill at 180 and was using a combination of apple & hickory pellets.
Sprinkle cracked pepper on both sides and cut into smaller pieces.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Here we are on the grill & ready roll.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Smoke for 5-6 hours. Baste each side once every hour with maple syrup. My good friend Trooper has given me a bottle of Northern Comfort I have been saving for a special occasion such as this. Hats off to Trooper!!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

ZCZ:
Moving right along you will see some of the smaller & thinner pieces have been removed for “testing” (a.k.a. Quality Control)

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Outside temp was -1. Not much snow yet this year.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Here’s a close up just before pulling them off

[ Invalid Attachment ]

ZCZ:
Plated up

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Used the salmon as part of a Christmas Day appetizer assortment

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Cheese in upper left is goat cheese (very good). Being mostly Swedish the gray squiggly stuff next to the salmon is pickled herring. I also turned the grill up to 450 and grilled a couple pineapple rings.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and I wish you the best in the New Year.
Thanks for watching!
Z

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View