Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by ZCZ on 27 Dec 2017
  • Wow! That is some great looking fish..

ZCZ,A question if I may..What is with the two genie tools ?

The tool was my invention.  The one on the right is a legacy tool, one of the originals, has a wider head as the older burn pots were wider.  I mostly use this one for scraping off my flavorizer.  The one one the left is the newer one with narrow head as I have the narrower burn pot in my 2013.  I only use that for digging ash out of the burn pot (but most of the time I just use my hand or a small vacuum).

• #17 by ZCZ on 27 Dec 2017

• Cheese in upper left is goat cheese (very good). Being mostly Swedish the gray squiggly stuff next to the salmon is pickled herring. I also turned the grill up to 450 and grilled a couple pineapple rings.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and I wish you the best in the New Year.
    Thanks for watching!
    Z

That salmon looks really good. I am trying to work more seafood into my diet. However, I'm not sure if the maple syrup and brown sugar negate the overall health benefits!

I did something a bit different this year, I attended a Julotta service at 6:30 on Christmas morning. The church my mom attends has Swedish roots. The pastor said this service was one of the last bits of their heritage that the church has hung onto. Are you familiar with this tradition? Best wishes in the New Year to you and yours!

Having grown up "Luteran" we always had church Christmas Eve and Christmas Day both.

• #18 by Canadian John on 28 Dec 2017
  • Wow! That is some great looking fish..

ZCZ,A question if I may..What is with the two genie tools ?

The tool was my invention.  The one on the right is a legacy tool, one of the originals, has a wider head as the older burn pots were wider.  I mostly use this one for scraping off my flavorizer.  The one one the left is the newer one with narrow head as I have the narrower burn pot in my 2013.  I only use that for digging ash out of the burn pot (but most of the time I just use my hand or a small vacuum).
     Thanks for the comeback re :tools!

• #19 by Conumdrum on 28 Dec 2017
  • Just a thought, anyone want to steer me to cold smoked salmon?  Salmon sale coming up at my store, time to buy 3 slabs to vacupack for dinner and another to hot smoke. 

Want to try cold smoke, it's cold enough here finally.

• #20 by DMAXNAZ on 30 Dec 2017
  • I bet basting them with syrup took them up to another level.
  • #21 by NorCal Smoker on 02 Feb 2018
  • Plated up

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Used the salmon as part of a Christmas Day appetizer assortment

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Looks great!  I have always used 4 parts sugar to one part salt.  Does your 2 to 1 ratio yield a salty product or does the rinse make it a non issue?
Pages:
Actions