Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New favorite stainless steel cleaner!!  (Read 2042 times)

rwalters

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
New favorite stainless steel cleaner!!
« on: December 27, 2017, 12:23:58 AM »

I’ll be the first to admit... I am pretty fussy about keeping the exterior of my MAK 2 Star in pristine condition (I keep the inside tidy but well seasoned, lol). I have tried numerous cleaners on the exterior stainless. This has become my new favorite smoke/grease stain eliminator. Spray it on and you will have a nice foam that doesn’t run down. Come back 10-20 mins later and wipe off. It works really well!!!  Again, this is only for the stainless steel.

Mr. Muscle Oven & Grill Cleaner 19oz Can Aerosol 91206 1 Can https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BJFFBZS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CPXqAbF0B1F3Z

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
Re: New favorite stainless steel cleaner!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 11:14:20 AM »

Sounds good. Clings and clean well..Do you add a protectant after cleaning?   Most if not all "stainless steel cleaners" contain mineral oil for that purpose. These "cleaners" I find are light duty at best -good at removing finger prints and smudges.. I found

mineral oil (drug store variety) to be the best protectant so far. One draw back is that it needs to be warm to buff off once applied..The oil gives the stainless a nice shine and lasts for many cooks unlike the S S cleaners that disappear as soon as the pit heats

up.

rwalters

New favorite stainless steel cleaner!!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 11:35:18 AM »

Sounds good. Clings and clean well..Do you add a protectant after cleaning?   Most if not all "stainless steel cleaners" contain mineral oil for that purpose. These "cleaners" I find are light duty at best -good at removing finger prints and smudges.. I found

mineral oil (drug store variety) to be the best protectant so far. One draw back is that it needs to be warm to buff off once applied..The oil gives the stainless a nice shine and lasts for many cooks unlike the S S cleaners that disappear as soon as the pit heats

up.
I do use a polish... but from everything I’ve read and the few I have spoken with, this stuff makes SS sexy

Going to buy some and give it a whirl.

Sprayway Stainless Steel Cleaner, 2/15oz Can, Pack of 2 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AW3O1Q/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UT8qAbS6876BS

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 12:50:53 PM »

I've used the Sprayway.  I found it to not be a strong cleaner but a great polisher.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

scooter

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 06:11:42 AM »

I use Greased Lightning to remove crud and Weimans SS polish after cleaning.

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 11:33:18 AM »

Mr. Muscle Oven & Grill Cleaner 19oz Can Aerosol 91206 1 Can

I'm always looking for a better metal cleaner so I purchased a can of this stuff and it did a great job on my heavily stained stainless steel pots. Now I'll try it on the grills.   ;D
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

rwalters

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 11:45:00 AM »

Mr. Muscle Oven & Grill Cleaner 19oz Can Aerosol 91206 1 Can

I'm always looking for a better metal cleaner so I purchased a can of this stuff and it did a great job on my heavily stained stainless steel pots. Now I'll try it on the grills.   ;D
Awesome!! Maybe show us a before/after pic of your grills?
Pages: [1]   Go Up