• #2 by Queball on 29 Sep 2017
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    Polish Sausage with Pierogies and beets

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    Sweet Italian Sausage with Stuffed Manicotti
    • Queball
  • #3 by Free Mr. Tony on 01 Oct 2017
  • Was this somewhere else before? I swear I commented on this. Nevertheless, that all looks great.
  • #4 by triplebq on 01 Oct 2017
  • That is some good looking sausage
  • #5 by Soldier17 on 12 Dec 2017
  • I am definitely going to have to make those, they look delicious!
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 12 Dec 2017
  • I hope Queball is OK...I have not seen him on here in what seems like months.
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 12 Dec 2017
  • I see him checking in almost every day.  I think he has elected not to post for his own reasons.
  • #8 by kruz805 on 12 Dec 2017
  • One thing you want to start doing is weighing your spices and meat for better consistency.  This way a change in a salt or pepper grind does not throw off the recipe.  I weigh my stuff in grams.  5g of salt is 5g of salt whether sea, kosher or flaked.  I learned this through this website below.  It is a great source of info on recipes and sausage making.  His books have some more detail but, most of it is on the site.

meatsandsausages.com
  • #9 by Bentley on 12 Dec 2017
  • I am pretty sure Q-ball has it down pretty good.
  • #10 by kruz805 on 13 Dec 2017
  • I am pretty sure Q-ball has it down pretty good.

Was not saying he did not make great sausage.  His recipe for Kielbasa, that I have made all my live, looks very accurate.  I have been brewing beer since '92 and still find improvements that can be made to the procedure for a better outcome.  Just making a small observation on how to make a consistent product.
Pages:
Actions