Recipe Section > Lamb/Mutton

Moraccan "Inspired" Boneless Leg of Lamb

<< < (2/3) > >>

urnmor:
It looks great.  I love leg of Lamb and the last time I made it I used a similar recipe.  I only wish my family looked lamp as much as I do

Canadian John:
 Pics sometime leave a person wondering what went into the cook..This is not the case here. Excellent post.

pmillen:
This comprehensive recipe has inspired me to move us a bit out of the food box we're in.  Thank you for taking the time to post it.

pmillen:

--- Quote from: cookingjnj on December 28, 2017, 12:09:16 PM ---I did purchase a store bought bottle of Harissa which is traditionally served with lamb among other dishes. 

--- End quote ---

When I read this I thought, "Hmmm, I wonder what kind of wine Harissa is?"  The wine shop had never heard of it but my grocer said it's a North African spicy paste made from hot peppers.  He doesn't carry it but he can get a case.

So, is it served individually in mini-bowls?  Is the meat dipped like egg rolls into mustard sauce?

cookingjnj:
Thanks for all the feedback everyone.  To answer a couple of the questions, Michael, yes the temps for lamb can be cooked same as beef.  The main difference is the taste is not as good if you go much above medium in IT, although that is always subject to personal taste.  pmillen, harissa is a condiment and can be used like a dipping sauce similar to ketchup or BBQ sauce etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View