Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Conumdrum on 27 May 2018
  • I make this a few times a year.  I buy 'stacios in 1.5 lb bags when on sale.  This time I did 6 lbs, got 18 cups of hot salty fire!

Spices:

6 tbs butter
    6 tbs worshi sauce
    7 tbs kosher salt
    1 tbs + 1 tsp standard ghost pepper hot sauce, brand doesn't matter
    5 tbs Smitties (a hot powder sauce I buy from Mad Hunky, it's about a 5 for heat)
    3 tbs vinegar hot sauce (1/2 lg bottle Tabasco with 1/2 bottle of the vinegar hot sauce with the little yellow peppers, it's got a nice kick)
    16 tbs green Tobasco
    1/2 tsp death dust (yep, powder made from the hottest peppers on the planet, about 50 on a scale of 1-10 :'()

I lay the frog mats in my Yoder YS640 on both shelves and spread out the stacios, I can't really get any more than the 6 lbs in there. 
    Smoke using Lumberjack MHC at 150 (lowest temp) for an hour, then bump to 200 for an hour.
    Pour in a big bowl and put a fan on them and dry and mix for 3-4 hours.  Leave in bowl overnight, then bag them up! 

They are a great treat for xmas packages etc.   
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 May 2018
  • is death dust habanero or carolina reaper?
  • #3 by Conumdrum on 27 May 2018
  • I'm sure it's the hottest one in 2016.  It's uber hot.  It's the funny ugly ones with the bumps. Reaper or whatever the hottest in 2016.  A teeny bit on the wetted finger into your mouth is, well, an experience.  A friend had 3 bushes full, he dried then ground outside, fan blowing the fumes away, wearing a mask, goggles and a face shield.  And still he got bit bad.  I got 3 oz, and only have about 1/4 or less left.

It's the pure flame of xxxx :D
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 May 2018
  • Yeah, the Carolina Reaper is a killer.  I've stopped at the Scorpion pepper.
Pages:
Actions