Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help re-heating boneless leg of lamb  (Read 346 times)

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
Help re-heating boneless leg of lamb
« on: December 28, 2017, 06:48:52 PM »

Hi all.  Earlier today, I had posted last nights cook which was two boneless legs of lamb.  One of the roast was completely finished by our guest last night.  I now have another full roast which I would like to serve tomorrow.  The second roast I have was completed at 133 IT before cooling, wrapped and into the fridge.  We would like to serve this roast tomorrow, and was looking for ideas on how to re-heat as lamb is usually not very good cold, and also not really good if over cooked.  I was thinking to slice the roast into individual servings while it is still cold.  Just don't know how to re-heat from there.  I do not have a Sous Vide machine (my next toy), which might have worked.  Thanks much for any suggestions.

bregent

Re: Help re-heating boneless leg of lamb
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 06:56:11 PM »

Yeah sous vide works great. If you have a crock pot you can try filling it with water and test the temp at various settings to see if you can get it within the range you want. What are the dimensions?

cookingjnj

• Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 07:00:39 PM »

I have not measured for size, but using vacuum seal bag and heating water similar to sous vide was a thought.  Just need to find a way to regulate a constant water temp?

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 10:05:15 PM »

Just use a thermometer like a Maverick. Just don't get it wet!  Pretty much a very very if that light bubble boil would do, mebbe a cheapo thermometer you stick on a big pot of water would do. 

Just a bit of minor bubbles on the side of the pot with a vacupacked bag would work.  I have done salmon that way and it works great.

Slice it and bag it....  cook it.
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!
Pages: [1]   Go Up