Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Worlds Largest BBQ Store  (Read 1070 times)

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
The Worlds Largest BBQ Store
« on: December 28, 2017, 03:13:49 PM »

Just to let you know that I no relationship with the following except to visit and make a few minor purchases.

It is:" Barbecue World",Vaughn (Toronto area) Ontario. This is the original location that kept buying adjoining stores so it could expand. It was and may still be listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest BBQ store in the world... About two years ago 
 it expanded by adding two locations: Whitby,On and Kanata,On..

If you want to feel like a kid in a candy store and have time on your hands  a visit may be in order..The place can be overwhelming as there is so much to see.. It takes time to wander up and down the aisles examining the goodies.. There is even more merchandise located behind the counters and out back. Things such as service parts and less popular items.

On the down side, the original location has an area dedicated to gas fireplaces. To me it detracts from the theme..I believe this was done around the time of adding the two locations.. I still enjoy visiting BBQW.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:35:31 PM by Canadian John »

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
Re: The Worlds Largest BBQ Store
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 03:58:13 PM »

I have wanted to take the family to Toronto for a long time. I even got an enhanced driver's license to make it easier to cross the boarder. You have given me more incentive to make it happen!
"If it is not food ~ It's FUN!" - Happy Kyne proprietor of the Bun and Run, Fernwood Ohio

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 09:30:09 PM »

Thanks for the info. Never knew that.

Conumdrum

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 09:31:34 PM »

Why do the Canucks get all the good stuff?
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

elenis

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 02:40:44 PM »

Why do the Canucks get all the good stuff?

Adding the BBQ store I only have two other items on my good things that come from Canada list.
Poutine and Ruffles All Dressed potato chips.
Mak 2 Star General #1799

Conumdrum

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »

Everyone has medical insurance.  Go Canada!
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

mowin

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 07:18:28 PM »

Ok, so if someone from the state's goes and buys a ton of goodies,  what's the process of getting back into the US with my haul?

Canadian John

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 07:57:52 PM »

mowing, if you are serious check with U S customs when planning your trip. I am sure you have similar "personal exemptions" as we do. Ours are: Time away 24 hrs = $0, 24 to 48 hrs = $200 and 48 + hrs = $ 800.. You may not be aware that  the greenback (US $) is worth a lot more than the Canadian dollar. It's over 20%.

mowin

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »

mowing, if you are serious check with U S customs when planning your trip. I am sure you have similar "personal exemptions" as we do. Ours are: Time away 24 hrs = $0, 24 to 48 hrs = $200 and 48 + hrs = $ 800.. You may not be aware that  the greenback (US $) is worth a lot more than the Canadian dollar. It's over 20%.

Well if I've got to add a minimum $200 to the cost, I definitely won't be visiting.   

Canadian John

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »

Well if I've got to add a minimum $200 to the cost, I definitely won't be visiting.   
The personal exemption means one can bring back up to $800 of goods duty free. There are some limitations and these are Canadian exemptions. Hope this helps.

Conumdrum

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 09:03:31 PM »

That's hotel costs for long drives...............................

mowin

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 09:34:55 PM »

Well, I'm only 3 hrs from the border. So I could make the entire trip in one day, all be it a looooong day.

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 10:13:49 PM »

Your fellow country men stock up on Canadian whisky when they head back home from Phoenix. They say it's cheaper here.   :o

Canadian John

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 10:12:27 AM »

Your fellow country men stock up on Canadian whisky when they head back home from Phoenix. They say it's cheaper here.   :o
Sad but true..Tilly hats is an other example..In general the price of things is less in the US.
Pages: [1]   Go Up