Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Canadian John on 09 Jan 2018
  • Desperation will drive a person out into inclement weather.  If I go too long without cooking one of my pits I start to suffer withdrawal symptoms and venture out to cook..The reward is so comforting it's worth it..
  • #17 by TechMOGogy on 04 Feb 2018
  • -6C here last night and I fired up the DC and smoked a whole chicken and some hasselback potatoes. It works really well in the cold
     [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #18 by Ralphie on 06 Feb 2018
  • TechMoGogy,
    That food looks fantastic!.  What is that veggie side?  Avocado?  Recipe please.  Thanks!
  • #19 by TechMOGogy on 08 Feb 2018
  • TechMoGogy,
    That food looks fantastic!.  What is that veggie side?  Avocado?  Recipe please.  Thanks!

Will need to ask the wife - she does the veggies and I handle the proteins :) will post back once I know but its very basic/simple!
  • #20 by Peterwoody on 08 Feb 2018
  • TechMoGogy, I am planning on building a stand for my DC. What height is your stand?
  • #21 by wilpark on 12 Feb 2018
  • I cook all year round in  NY (near NYC).  IT was in the teens and the GMG JB did its thing.  Very pleased with the cold weather capabilities of this grill.
  • #22 by TechMOGogy on 12 Feb 2018
  • TechMoGogy, I am planning on building a stand for my DC. What height is your stand?

That is actually a smoke box I built about 9-10 years ago. It sucked so I cut it in half to make a storage side table. It’s only 21” tall and I find that short (I am 6’4”). I would just plan on making the interior grate of the DC counter height (36”).
    I just use it because it’s there:)
  • #23 by TechMOGogy on 12 Feb 2018
  • TechMoGogy,

Will need to ask the wife - she does the veggies and I handle the proteins :) will post back once I know but its very basic/simple!

She’s still looking for the recipe :)
Pages:
Actions