Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changed a Board Around  (Read 756 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Changed a Board Around
« on: August 23, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »

I added a new discussion board --  "Here's How I...?"  This is an area where folks can share how they cook various foods on their pits -- brisket, pork, chicken, ribs.  I am happy to add other topics if folks have ideas on other foods to share.

There are a lot of good pellet pit masters out there with many ideas to share on how to cook various meats and other dishes.  I want to gather that info in one area so folks don't have to look all over.  So, please start sharing your methods and ideas.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 03:03:02 PM by Kristin Meredith »

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
Re: Changed the Board "Here's How I...." Around
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 03:10:24 PM »

I added this Board last week, but changed it around some today.  I had originally thought it would focus on the meats that folks cook a lot.  I envisioned this as something of a tutorial area where folks could give not only the recipe, but also outline/walk through the steps and processes of the cook and maybe post some photos.  There are already several wonderful examples in the meat categories.

We were asked for a pizza board, so I added that, but then Bent started to ask about smoking cheese and appetizers and what if he wanted to do a tutorial on a dessert, etc.  I did not want to have numerous sections, so, for now, I am making a catch all section  "Here's How I....Cook Everything Else".  If we start getting a lot of one type of cook (say pizza) then I may break that out into a separate board.  But for now, we will start with just the catch all and see how it progresses.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
Re: Changed a Board Around
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 08:14:07 AM »

I have made a few changes and additions under the Board "Accessories and Essentials".  I am still on the fence about this, so we will see how it goes.  I don't want the forum to become so cluttered with so many boards that it becomes hard to navigate.  On the other hand, if people take the trouble to post some valuable info and experience on a product that others may find useful and want to reference in the future, I want it to be somewhat easy to remember where it is and access it.

So, we will see.  If there aren't a lot of posts in a particular child board, it may get collapse into another one. All comments are welcomed.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:13:01 AM by Kristin Meredith »

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »

I like that change.  Those 4 categories capture a lot.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 09:22:01 AM »

I think those categories will get a lot of use.
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe
Pages: [1]   Go Up