Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: O'Malley Premium Wood Pellets  (Read 2628 times)

hokiepop

• Using less gas.
  • West Point, VA
O'Malley Premium Wood Pellets
« on: December 31, 2017, 01:05:23 PM »

Has anyone ever used O'Malley premium hardwood pellets?   I saw an advertisement listing them for $ 225 per ton.  They are in 40 lb bags and have HPBA printed on the bag.  Located in King George, Va.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: O'Malley Premium Wood Pellets
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 01:14:22 PM »

I have seen the name, but never used them that I am aware of.  They are about 50 miles from me.

For that amount, I am a little surprised at the price.  Just under .12 cents/lb...and I can get 40lbs. bags of 100% hardwood heating pellets at Lowes for just under .13 cents/lb. and don't have to store a ton.

.11 cents/lb. must be about as good as it gets, bulk or otherwise for heating pellets.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 01:17:40 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

wilpark

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:26:14 AM »

I havent used them myself but I have heard of them and tried to locate some for use.  I did some research on Omalley's because I heard good things about their materials.  Some have complained that they are extremely hard and have caused jams in their pits.  After hearing about that I stopped looking as there are plenty of pellets as options

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 09:22:25 AM »

One of my local dealers sells the O'Malley pellets but I have yet to try them.  They tell they work well but I still have a lot of other pellets to use up first before I try anything else.
Louisiana Pellet LG900 Weber Platinum Kettle

hokiepop

• Using less gas.
  • West Point, VA
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 02:16:10 PM »

A mushroom farm in Richmond,Va is closing and selling all their inventory.  40lb. bags of O'Malley premium wood pellets are $ 3.00.   A ton of pellets is $ 100.00.   They have several tons per the listing on Craigslist.  That is as cheap a pellet as I have seen.

hokiepop

• Using less gas.
  • West Point, VA
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 02:51:59 PM »

Richmond craigslist under "pellet".  The ad shows a bag and $ 3 price.   There is another listing under pellet showing all the equipment and inventory by the mushroom factor and it states they have several tons of pellets available.  Its located at 1623 Elmdale Ave off Commerce Road on the Southside.

hokiepop

• Using less gas.
  • West Point, VA
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 03:28:25 PM »

I have not been able to find out much about them.  If the reviews are negative I think I will also pass.  Darn shame as that is less than a 25 minute drive for me.  By the way, the number of cooks you have done on your new Elite is putting me to shame!  I have enjoyed all the cooks you have shared with us on the forum.

wyd

• Using less gas.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 11:39:12 AM »

A mushroom farm in Richmond,Va is closing and selling all their inventory.  40lb. bags of O'Malley premium wood pellets are $ 3.00.   A ton of pellets is $ 100.00.   They have several tons per the listing on Craigslist.  That is as cheap a pellet as I have seen.
Wow that is crazy cheap.  My local dealer sells O'Malley pellets and no where near that price.  For that price I would buy a ton for 100 bucks as that would last me a good amount of time.  I been using the Ol Hick Hickory pellets from Energex as my go to pellet.  Been burning very consistent in my LG900.
Louisiana Pellet LG900 Weber Platinum Kettle

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 02:14:29 PM »

Yeah, .05 cents is as cheap as I have ever seen.  But I can get them at Lowes for .13 cents and I don't have to store a pallet full!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: [1]   Go Up