Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: You Know it 's Cold When...  (Read 2357 times)

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
Re: You Know it 's Cold When...
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2018, 06:38:04 PM »

You are the man to ask, thinking about a hot tub, Jacuzzi, spa, whatever...you are way colder then us....how much electricity $$$ does it add to your bill in the winter?  We just can't see to get any muscle relief after working in woods or just on the property, and hope this might be the trick...

It was so cold here this evening (-11) that the hot tub cover was frozen shut over the tub. And when I did get it open & got in it, We had to wear stocking caps so our ears wouldn't freeze!

I would guess around $50 bucks a month in the winter. Doesn't matter to me. For the relief I get from it I would pay more. I started renting hot tub time at a spa 4 1/2 years ago after a motorcycle accident that left me with 6 broken ribs, Collarbone & a punctured lung. @ $25.00 a half hour I could only afford to go a couple times a month. I figured if I was gonna spend that I may as well have my own put the 50 a month to electricity. I first bought a used one then in 2015 I bought a new one. To this day I still it 4 to 5 times week. I enjoy every minute. The upkeep is sort of like a pit. Just something you do because you love doing it. This time of year I keep it @ 101 degrees in the summer more like 99 to 100.
The best part is @ age 64 I don't hurt anymore. I don't have to pop Advil's or acetaminophen like I used to. My arthritis in my knee isn't as bad as it used to be. I can walk without a limp. I let the jets pound at it for a bit every time I"m in. Last week I was helping my stepson move a washer I slipped in ice and landed flat on my back. Hard enough it knocked the wind out of me. Couple hours later I was having a hard time walking. Went in the Tub & let the Jets work their magic on my sore muscles. I was good to go the next day!

As you can tell I swear by these things. My Tub has 35 jets to it. It can get to all parts, Feet, Back & Lower back. Backs of my legs, Neck & Shoulders, Very therapeutic for both the mind & body. Every aging body should have one! I also put a Bluetooth stereo in mine.
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Saddleman

• Using less gas.
  • Vini,Vidi,Vici
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 12:21:39 AM »

When it is below 32 I start cold smoken cheese and hard boiled eggs.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

I use my Brinkman smoker& grill with smoke stick, cherry pellets.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:25:56 AM by Saddleman »
If you’re looking it’s not cooking.

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 07:46:50 AM »

Thanks for the responses...yeah, I would pay $50/month to be able to use a spa every day!

And just think you can vacuum seal a ribeye, take it in the tub with you & you have your sous vide  :P
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 09:49:14 AM »

Thanks for the responses...yeah, I would pay $50/month to be able to use a spa every day!

And just think you can vacuum seal a ribeye, take it in the tub with you & you have your sous vide  :P

:pig:

Canadian John

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • HAPPY COOKING, Canadian John
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2018, 10:49:43 AM »

When it is below 32 I start cold smoken cheese and hard boiled eggs.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]

I use my Brinkman smoker& grill with smoke stick, cherry pellets.
That is dedication to cooking..Photos look great.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up