Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Rsisson on 23 Dec 2017
  • It goes on anything that needs help..
    From chicken to steak....
    Make a good dip when made with chreamcheese..
    • Rsisson
  • #17 by bregent on 23 Dec 2017
  • Bay Area Costco currently have wild chanterelles for $10/lb and would probably work well with this.  If you've never tried them give them a shot, they're amazing.
  • #18 by cookingjnj on 24 Dec 2017
  • Made this sauce last night thanks to Rsisson.  I used baby portabella mushrooms instead of the re-hydrated.  Came out fantastic, will now be a sauce I will make often.  Thanks much Risson.
  • #19 by ZCZ on 24 Dec 2017
  • And coming soon to a steak near me.
  • #20 by CaptJerry on 31 Dec 2017
  • This sounds good.
    Got to disagree with "on a steak" though.
    If a steak needs a sauce, something is wrong.
    On a chop or what I will probably try is on a grilled chicken breast Tuesday.
    As an alfredo sounds GREAT.
  • #21 by Kristin Meredith on 31 Dec 2017
  • The reason I said steak was because a lot of folks like blue cheese on steak.  And onions.  And mushrooms.  And a Steak Diane or Steak au Poivre is pretty good eating.
  • #22 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Dec 2017
  • Just did it with some cracked black pepper, rosemary, thyme, and dry ranch seasoning.  Threw the rotiserrie chicken breasts I bought at Sam's Club in it to warm up.  Cooking the pasta now.  Tastes yummy!  Wife said she wished we had some sundried tomatoes to throw in it too.
  • #23 by CaptJerry on 31 Dec 2017
  • The reason I said steak was because a lot of folks like blue cheese on steak.  And onions.  And mushrooms.  And a Steak Diane or Steak au Poivre is pretty good eating.

Nah, those people are wrong  :D
    I'm a close minded Neanderthal, salt and pepper is all that's needed on a steak.
    Maybe a little Montreal or Dale's.

My reply for the last 40+ years when asked, "would you like a steak sauce?"  Is "I hope not."
  • #24 by Bar-B-Lew on 31 Dec 2017
  • Here are a few pics of how I used this sauce.  I would probably cut down on the amount of blue cheese next time.  I think almost any kind of cheese would work with this sauce.  Real easy to make too.  Thanks again for sharing.

• #25 by CaptJerry on 01 Jan 2018
  • For sure this week.
  • #26 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Jan 2018
  • From saute to thick sauce takes about as long as it takes to start a pot of water boiling and cook a box of pasta.  If you did both at the same time, they would finish at close to the same time in my one time experience.
  • #27 by CaptJerry on 03 Jan 2018
  • Grilled some chicken breasts, slapped it on some angel hair, and smothered it in this sauce,
    TASTY!
    I'm stuffed
  • #28 by Bar-B-Lew on 03 Jan 2018
  • Grilled some chicken breasts, slapped it on some angel hair, and smothered it in this sauce,
    TASTY!
    I'm stuffed

Probably how I will use this sauce going forward - chicken and pasta.
Pages:
Actions