Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bentley on 29 Sep 2018
  • How many pounds a month will you grind?  Are you gonna start grinding your own GB?  That can get additive, specially if you find your blend and it wows you!
  • #32 by triplebq on 29 Sep 2018
  • My current plan is to do big batches and load up the freezer. I'm thinking 20 - 25 pounds at a time. Most likely it will be a combination of Smokes, Breakfast Links, and Hamburgers. There is a German place near me who makes killer brats that I want to make. I also want to make a beef smoke sausage.
  • #33 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Sep 2018
  • I am one of those guys that likes to buy the best or close to the best right out of the gate and not have to worry about buying again.  I bought the LEM based on it being a highly rated name brand.  Cabella's seems to be doing a nice job of knocking off a similar grinder and may have a lifetime warranty (most of their brand name products do but I have not confirmed on a grinder).  I have not ground hamburger yet, but the jerky slicer is incredible.  Almost too easy to use.  Sliced up over 50 # of meat in a few minutes. 
  • #34 by triplebq on 30 Sep 2018
  • I did stop by Cabela's yesterday and do like their Carnivore Commercial-Grade grinders.
  • #35 by riverrat49 on 30 Sep 2018
  • I've had Cabela's 3/4 hp Grinder for a couple of years, does a great job.
  • #36 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Sep 2018
  • I've had Cabela's 3/4 hp Grinder for a couple of years, does a great job.

Do you use that to grind meat for your competition burgers?
  • #37 by riverrat49 on 30 Sep 2018
  • I Wish, it's way to heavy for the suitcase  :rotf:

I've had Cabela's 3/4 hp Grinder for a couple of years, does a great job.

Do you use that to grind meat for your competition burgers?
Pages:
Actions