Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Jan 2018
  • BBQ Sauce - Heinz Carolina Mustard Style

Sauce Profile:
    1. Mustard up front
    2. Sweet tomatoey next
    3. Thin (it dripped off of my sausage when I dipped it in it and the Vinegar Style did not)
    4. A Very Little Spice Kick (less than the Vinegar Style)

I didn’t find this sauce to be similar at all to the other Carolina sauce, Vinegar Style.  This was a very distinct mustard flavor up front.  It then switched to sweet which I was not expecting.  It had a very little kick at the end, but not as strong as the Vinegar Style.  There was not much of a pronounced vinegar taste for me outside of the vinegar taste of a mustard initially.

I tried it on some spicy sausage.  I did not expect to like this at all.  I was surprised that I think I would enjoy it on a Polish sausage with grilled onions.  Other than that, I don’t think that I would have a need for it again.  As much as I enjoy mustard on hot dogs, hamburgers, and soft pretzels, I don’t think I would like this sauce on them.  And, I don’t really use mustard on anything else that I can think of so it will take a while to get through this small bottle.

• #2 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Jan 2018
  • Ahhh, another review that has me wanting to buy some. 

I always liked mustard bbq sauces on pulled pork.  Maybe try some on that and give us your feedback. Also, as strange as it sounds, I was in the Austin airport on a business trip and they had a Salt Lick BBQ stand so I bought a brisket sandwich.  They put a mustard bbq sauce on it and I though "Oh no, now I won't be able to eat it."  But it was great on that brisket.  So maybe try on some brisket and let us know.

Bent hates mustard based sauces, so if I buy this might have it for a long while!
  • #3 by Bentley on 09 Jan 2018
  • I do not mind them, I don't like them in traditional BBQ.  We saw this when we bought the Carolina and I did po po it...Looking at the ingredients, cane sugar (who uses that any more, yeah baby!) #1 I am think this is more of a Honey Mustard, which I love because of the Sweet!

Is it like that at all...if it is, yeah, I will get some and try on wings...I Love Honey Mustard on Nuggets!
  • #4 by Darwin on 09 Jan 2018
  • I love honey mustard, might have to give this one a taste.  The ingredient list is better than I would have expected.  Thanks for the review.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Jan 2018
  • No, I don't think this is anything near as sweet as a honey mustard.  More like jar of mustard mixed with a bottle of ketchup and a drop of hot sauce.  Still not sure how the molasses and the natural smoke fit into this flavor profile.
  • #6 by Bentley on 09 Jan 2018
  • Wow there is a weird combo...I will try it just for that description...Will add my own honey if it is not to my liking!  Thanks Lew!
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 09 Jan 2018
  • I have a small bottle of the 7 or 8 different Heinz regional bbq sauces.  More reviews to come....
Pages:
Actions