Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by AZRaptor on 06 Jan 2018
  • So recently I’ve been researching a replacement for my Cookshack PG500 that would give me more cooking capacity. I was looking at Yoder, RecTec and Blaz’n plus watching the local CL ads for any deals, but decided to pull the trigger and order a Grid Iron from Tim today. I ordered a Copper Vein Grid Iron with the Pro Shelf Kit, Lid Insulator, WiFi module and Competition Wheel Kit.

I’m really stoked and can’t wait for it to get here. Now I just need to get my Cookshack sold to help pay for it.  :D
  • #2 by Canadian John on 06 Jan 2018
  •  I know the feeling..Time will seem L O N G until the pit gets there, and is ready for the inaugural cook. All the best.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 06 Jan 2018
  • You have purchased a very fine pit.  Post some photos when it arrives.
  • #4 by AZRaptor on 07 Jan 2018

I certainly will. I was thinking about adding one of there grill covers, but I have a generic one that would fit over the grill. Does anyone know what their covers are like? Material? Durability?
  • #5 by triplebq on 07 Jan 2018
  • Congrats. I have the same model minus the wifi kit.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 07 Jan 2018
  • Manufacturers covers are expensive, usually made off shore and have a less than expected life..For a high end pit like the G I, I would go custom. The costs may surprise you as well as the quality.
  • #7 by triplebq on 07 Jan 2018
  • Manufacturers covers are expensive, usually made off shore and have a less than expected life..For a high end pit like the G I, I would go custom. The costs may surprise you as well as the quality.

I agree
  • #8 by MP09 on 07 Jan 2018
  • Your going to be very happy with your G I. I’ve had zero problems with mine. The cover is heavy duty and at this point seems to be very durable.  I’ve had no problem with my hot rod but you’ll have the benifit of there new and improved version. ENJOY...
  • #9 by cookingjnj on 07 Jan 2018
  • Congrats on your new pit AZRaptor.  Looking forward to seeing pics from all your upcoming cooks.  Enjoy!
  • #10 by RWhyman on 07 Jan 2018
  • I certainly will. I was thinking about adding one of there grill covers, but I have a generic one that would fit over the grill. Does anyone know what their covers are like? Material? Durability?
    [/quote]

I bought the cover when I got mine as my smokers sit out in the Colorado elements. Sun, snow, cold and heat. The cover is made of a very thick material and is quite durable and has held up great. I think I've had the smoker for 2 years or so and the cover shows no wear other than a slight bit of fading from the sun. It's much thicker than the cover on my Yoder, but the cover on the Yoder is more of a cordova material and it has held up very well, also. Both are waterproof.
    If either one wears out, I would buy either one of them again.
  • #11 by AZRaptor on 08 Jan 2018
  • I certainly will. I was thinking about adding one of there grill covers, but I have a generic one that would fit over the grill. Does anyone know what their covers are like? Material? Durability?

I bought the cover when I got mine as my smokers sit out in the Colorado elements. Sun, snow, cold and heat. The cover is made of a very thick material and is quite durable and has held up great. I think I've had the smoker for 2 years or so and the cover shows no wear other than a slight bit of fading from the sun. It's much thicker than the cover on my Yoder, but the cover on the Yoder is more of a cordova material and it has held up very well, also. Both are waterproof.
    If either one wears out, I would buy either one of them again.

Cool, thanks for the info. What little I could see of the cover on their site looked pretty rugged.
  • #12 by SJeP on 08 Jan 2018
  • I ordered the Blaz'n cover with my GS.

I also ordered a custom cover from Covers by Mel. The cover I ordered is longer than the one from BGW and may be more wind resistant.

Both covers seem to be made of the same high-quality material. Other than length, they both appear to be made identically.

And if I remember correctly, the covers sold by BGW are made by Covers by Mel.

So you can't go wrong with the cover sold by BGW or a custom cover.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• #13 by okie smokie on 08 Jan 2018

I certainly will. I was thinking about adding one of there grill covers, but I have a generic one that would fit over the grill. Does anyone know what their covers are like? Material? Durability?

I have their cover for the GS.  Very heavy duty, and after 2.5 years, no wear at all. Much too heavy to blow off.  BUT--it only covers the pit to the top of the legs.  Ok for me since I keep it under a porch roof and out of the weather.  However, it would be better to have a complete to the ground cover if it is exposed to the weather.  It was part of the deal so that is why I have it. 
  • #14 by AZRaptor on 12 Jan 2018
  • Got a call from Tim yesterday that my smoker will be shipping today. Now I need to move the PG500 out of its space and I’ll be ready for next weeks delivery.

Gettin close!!  :cool: :cool: :cool:
  • #15 by Skyking on 12 Jan 2018
  • I have the Blazn cover for my GI and really like it. It is very heavy.
Pages:
Actions