Here's How I.... > Cook Everything Else (Pizza, Appetizers, Desserts, etc)

Confit garlic

(1/3) > >>

Free Mr. Tony:
Trooper and I have been emailing about the confit cooking method. I've been doing my garlic like this for years, and figured I'd pass it along if anyone wants a new way to end up with roasted garlic cloves with a bonus of a ton of leftover garlic flavored oil.

Peel an entire head of garlic. Place in small sauce pan, and cover with extra virgin olive oil. Or whatever oil you would like.

Bring to a bare simmer, and cook until the garlic is nicely browned.

As soon as the garlic is browned, strain the oil into a bowl or the garlic will burn in the hot oil.

The oil that's left can be used to brush on garlic bread, pizza crust, in marinara, or anywhere you want a roasted garlic flavor.

Kristin Meredith:
Is the left over garlic use-able?

Free Mr. Tony:

--- Quote from: Kristin Meredith on January 07, 2018, 02:51:16 PM ---Is the left over garlic use-able?

--- End quote ---

Definitely. You can mash, or use the whole cloves. It's basically roasted garlic. Most people I know cut the tops off the heads, and put the whole thing in the oven wrapped in foil with a little oil. This is less messy, and you end up with the garlic oil instead of just the roasted garlic cloves.

Bar-B-Lew:
could you do that in a smoker on smoke mode?

Kristin Meredith:
Thanks.  I always think roasted garlic is great in mashed potatoes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View