Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BBQ Sauce Review - Heinz Carolina Mustard Style  (Read 2081 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
BBQ Sauce Review - Heinz Carolina Mustard Style
« on: January 09, 2018, 06:12:29 PM »

BBQ Sauce - Heinz Carolina Mustard Style

Sauce Profile:
1. Mustard up front
2. Sweet tomatoey next
3. Thin (it dripped off of my sausage when I dipped it in it and the Vinegar Style did not)
4. A Very Little Spice Kick (less than the Vinegar Style)

I didn’t find this sauce to be similar at all to the other Carolina sauce, Vinegar Style.  This was a very distinct mustard flavor up front.  It then switched to sweet which I was not expecting.  It had a very little kick at the end, but not as strong as the Vinegar Style.  There was not much of a pronounced vinegar taste for me outside of the vinegar taste of a mustard initially.

I tried it on some spicy sausage.  I did not expect to like this at all.  I was surprised that I think I would enjoy it on a Polish sausage with grilled onions.  Other than that, I don’t think that I would have a need for it again.  As much as I enjoy mustard on hot dogs, hamburgers, and soft pretzels, I don’t think I would like this sauce on them.  And, I don’t really use mustard on anything else that I can think of so it will take a while to get through this small bottle.

MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: BBQ Sauce Review - Heinz Carolina Mustard Style
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 07:28:58 PM »

Ahhh, another review that has me wanting to buy some. 

I always liked mustard bbq sauces on pulled pork.  Maybe try some on that and give us your feedback. Also, as strange as it sounds, I was in the Austin airport on a business trip and they had a Salt Lick BBQ stand so I bought a brisket sandwich.  They put a mustard bbq sauce on it and I though "Oh no, now I won't be able to eat it."  But it was great on that brisket.  So maybe try on some brisket and let us know.

Bent hates mustard based sauces, so if I buy this might have it for a long while!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:37:53 PM »

I do not mind them, I don't like them in traditional BBQ.  We saw this when we bought the Carolina and I did po po it...Looking at the ingredients, cane sugar (who uses that any more, yeah baby!) #1 I am think this is more of a Honey Mustard, which I love because of the Sweet!

Is it like that at all...if it is, yeah, I will get some and try on wings...I Love Honey Mustard on Nuggets!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Darwin

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 09:54:41 PM »

I love honey mustard, might have to give this one a taste.  The ingredient list is better than I would have expected.  Thanks for the review.

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 09:55:28 PM »

No, I don't think this is anything near as sweet as a honey mustard.  More like jar of mustard mixed with a bottle of ketchup and a drop of hot sauce.  Still not sure how the molasses and the natural smoke fit into this flavor profile.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 09:59:23 PM »

Wow there is a weird combo...I will try it just for that description...Will add my own honey if it is not to my liking!  Thanks Lew!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 10:03:45 PM »

I have a small bottle of the 7 or 8 different Heinz regional bbq sauces.  More reviews to come....
Pages: [1]   Go Up