Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 10 Jan 2018
  •   Pre-soak a plank (wood of your choice) for a minimum hour..I like cedar or sugar maple for this recipe.. Dry and lightly oil (optional) the smooth side of the plank..

Mash up pre- cooked potatoes with the skins on..They should be cool.. I usually cook extras a day or so ahead along with others in the pit, then refrigerate until ready.

Place the mashed potatoes on the plank compressing them into a solid, full length and width form. Get as many on as possible. Form a trough thru the centre lengthways and dam the ends as to create a reservoir or cavity.

Fill the cavity with cheese of your choice and sprinkle some paprika on top.

Place in the cooker of choice at 300º to 350º until the cheese is melted. Can be done over direct heat at a lower temperature or indirect. 

Remove ,place on a rack or platter..I like to serve it off the plank at the table..
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Jan 2018
  • I would like to see a picture of this.
  • #3 by lamrith on 10 Jan 2018
  • Sounds great, I will second the request; do you by chance have any pictures of said delicacy?

Yah beat me to the punch Bar-B-Lew!
  • #4 by Canadian John on 11 Jan 2018
  •  Sorry folks, no photos.. Perhaps later..   Just use your imagination and do it. It is entry level rated. ;)
Pages:
Actions