Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have you ever found yourself in need of a Change?  (Read 1721 times)

silverbullet

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
Re: Have you ever found yourself in need of a Change?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 10:53:58 PM »

I thought the number corresponded to area of grill...

Yes...

The CS 450 and LG 700 are virtually the same unit from Danson.  the CS stamped in Canada and the LG imported.

The LG gained the ‘extra’ cooking area from an included second shelf, where the second shelf was optional on the CS line...  which I believe is now included with the CS.
.. :bbq:
Which is one of the reasons I've decided on the North American CS over the Chinese LG. Over the years I've had 4 Chinese made pits. A Traeger & 3 GMG's. 3 out of the 4 I've had repair issues with which were taken care of by the manufacturer but still issues.

You are right Bentley. My Error...about the grill area.....
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 10:59:02 PM »

I meant the main grill (Thought it was 700sqin), not including 2nd one, so I was still wrong!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Lothar1974

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Never trust a skinny chef
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 09:18:17 AM »

I started with a Lil Tex and after a couple years wanted something better/newer and got an Memphis Advantage then wanted something bigger and went to the Memphis Elite.  Food wise, I dont get too bored.  I do alot of pizzas, but not a ton of BBQ lately due to wifes cancer.  I try to do unusual stuff I dont normally do on the smoker. Gonna do chashu pork for Ramen coming up this weekend.   Will rol and tie the pork belly and then sear it and smoke it for a few hours on low (180) then put in a pan to braise for the remainder of the time in the smoker.
Memphis Elite MES40 1st Gen MES40 2.5 Gen Blackstone 36' Griddle

4given

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 05:56:54 PM »

That's one of the reasons I bought a Blackstone griddle!  :cool:  It is a great compliment to my GMG DB and it is just plain fun to use.
John 3:16-18  GMG Daniel Boone, GMG Davy Crockett

Goosehunter51

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »

That’s why I just bought a barrel cooker.
Smokin like a two stack MAK come on!  MAK 2 Star General #3053

mo-kid

• Using less gas.
  • I get by with a little help from my friends.....
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 09:22:34 PM »

SB...........I cant say I've hit that "wall" (this is what I will call it for lack of a better name). I try to just enjoy life with the pellet grill. I start doing different stuff... Pistachios, pecans... I love to experiment. You should see my DB...its crusty, sooty, and I simply love it.     You can try something else ole buddy! Just get in that hot tub with a cup of wine and reflect on the simple pleasures of "all things pellet".
GMC daniel boone; frog mats, grill grates, SS griddle,

silverbullet

• I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 10:18:02 PM »

SB...........I cant say I've hit that "wall" (this is what I will call it for lack of a better name). I try to just enjoy life with the pellet grill. I start doing different stuff... Pistachios, pecans... I love to experiment. You should see my DB...its crusty, sooty, and I simply love it.     You can try something else ole buddy! Just get in that hot tub with a cup of wine and reflect on the simple pleasures of "all things pellet".

Just got out of the Tub! Do my best thinking while soaking. Sounds like my DC & you DB have had a good life!  :bbq: :bbq:
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Michael_NW

• Battle Ground, WA
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2018, 02:45:53 AM »

My changes have been primarily driven by practicality (or so I tell myself!). I haven't been at this for long enough to become bored with it, or complacent. Each cook feels like a new adventure, even the most routine of them. I know I'm not immune to the law of diminishing returns, I just hope that doesn't occur for a long, long time.
MAK 2 Star #2799 Weber Spirit
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up