Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Jan 2018
  • anyone use a spice grinder?  what do you use it for?  recommendations for one to buy? 
  • #2 by Bentley on 13 Jan 2018
  • I agree with the coffee grinder, any of $10-$20 electric ones on Amazon..
  • #3 by urnmor on 13 Jan 2018
  • coffee grinder
  • #4 by Michael_NW on 13 Jan 2018
  • #5 by Darwin on 14 Jan 2018
  • I keep a Krups coffee grinder in the kitchen and one in my fly tying room.  I use it for whole spices and it works well.  I have an old French made pepper mill that is 30+ years old.  It sits next to the stove and is used daily, still works great even though the finish is but ugly.  I can't find the manufactures name on it so that's no help..
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Jan 2018
  • Krups has good reviews elsewhere too so that will probably be what I go with when I buy mine.  Thanks for the input.
  • #7 by cookingjnj on 14 Jan 2018
  • I have been using a Cuisinart Mini-Mate Plus Chopper/Grinder for years and it has been a great tool.  I use it to grind up spices/seeds etc. into course grinds or powders (Cumin/Corriander/Fennel/Pepper if I need a big batch ground up/Cinnamon etc.).  I usually toast any type of whole seed, and even the peppercorns prior to grinding to enhance the seeds flavor oils.
  • #8 by Brushpopper on 14 Jan 2018
  • Cheapo coffee grinder.  If you do dried hot chili peppers, let it sit for a while after grinding and open it outside if possible.  Otherwise you'll get a dose of pepper spray.  My brother learned the hard way.  :o
Pages:
Actions