Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 15 Feb 2020
  • Our daughter, Hieka, came to assist my wife during my knee surgery so of course I had to make her favorite meal of Maryland crab cakes , home made french fries and snow peas.  Well maybe snow peas are not her favorite vegetable however they were in the refrigerator.  So in the famous words of her beautiful daughter, Zoey, I just told her to suck it up Buttercup besides she had a very nice glass or two of 2016 Carbernet Sauvignon to wash them down.
  • #2 by okie smokie on 15 Feb 2020
  • Superb cuisine served on a very interesting table.  Tell us about the table, please.  Oh--and how is the knee doing? :D
  • #3 by pmillen on 16 Feb 2020
  • Sticks table, I think.
  • #4 by urnmor on 16 Feb 2020
  • Superb cuisine served on a very interesting table.  Tell us about the table, please.  Oh--and how is the knee doing? :D

It is sticks furniture and is made in Des Moines Iowa.  Thank for asking about the knee my operation is tomorrow in the AM.
  • #5 by okie smokie on 16 Feb 2020

It is sticks furniture and is made in Des Moines Iowa.  Thank for asking about the knee my operation is tomorrow in the AM.
    Best wishes for a quick recovery.  My wife had it done two years ago with super result. Doing the therapy is the key. Not fun but worth every bit of the discomfort. Now she says it feels like a normal knee.   :)
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 16 Feb 2020

Best wishes for a quick recovery.  My wife had it done two years ago with super result. Doing the therapy is the key. Not fun but worth every bit of the discomfort. Now she says it feels like a normal knee.   :)

I have heard that from at least 5 people.  They all said they wish they would have had the surgery sooner than they did.
  • #7 by cookingjnj on 16 Feb 2020
  • I agree on all parts.  Good lookin meal, can never go wrong with a good cab, really cool table, and most of all, good luck with the surgery and speedy recovery.
  • #8 by Bentley on 16 Feb 2020
  • If I get fed like that I will come and help!
  • #9 by NorCal Smoker on 16 Feb 2020
  • Great looking meal!  Care to share recipe and method? 
  • #10 by urnmor on 16 Feb 2020
  • Great looking meal!  Care to share recipe and method?

Happy to share.  ingredients are:
    Maryland Crab, (however North Carolina crab will work in pinch :)) 1 pound of lump and one pound of Jumbo.  I always pick through just to make sure there are no small pieces of crab shells.
    one egg
    saltine crackers finely ground (about 3/4 of sleeve)
    mayonnaise about 1/4 of cup
    Old Bay seasoning
    Dijon Mustard
    Worcestershire sauce
    salt
    chopped parsley or cilantro
    Lemon juice
    If you go on the internet they will tell the amount they recommend however for me it is about the crabmeat so I use less then required

Mix the egg, mayo, mustard, Old Bay, Worcestershire and salt together and gently fold into the crab then fold in the lemon juice and Parsley.  Be careful not to crush the crab as you are paying for the size of the crabmeat.  Also if you fail to mix all of the ingredients together just add them to the crabmeat.

I then use an ice cream scoop and make the crab cakes. Place in the refrigerator for an hour or two to firm up.  Before broiling I oil the pan and the crab cakes with evoo and cook until brown about 5 or six minutes.

For the FF I peel and cut them using a mandoline and place in cold water for about an hour or two then drain them and add new water.  Before air frying them I toss in EVOO and Old Bay and cook at 390 for about 28 minute or cooked to your liking. an air fryer to cook them

• #11 by jgrayson on 24 Feb 2020
  • Those crab cakes look great!  I'm from Maryland (grew up close to Annapolis), and I'm thrilled to see that your recipe includes mustard.  Most people don't put mustard in their crab cakes, but it makes a wonderful difference. 

Also, I think most of the crab meat we eat in Maryland comes from Louisiana or southeast Asia, so if you can get it from North Carolina then you are a step ahead of most Maryland restaurants.

I hope your procedure went well, and that you recovery is going as expected.

• #12 by urnmor on 24 Feb 2020
  • Those crab cakes look great!  I'm from Maryland (grew up close to Annapolis), and I'm thrilled to see that your recipe includes mustard.  Most people don't put mustard in their crab cakes, but it makes a wonderful difference. 

Also, I think most of the crab meat we eat in Maryland comes from Louisiana or southeast Asia, so if you can get it from North Carolina then you are a step ahead of most Maryland restaurants.

I hope your procedure went well, and that you recovery is going as expected.

Unfortunately my knee operation was postponed and is now scheduled for tomorrow afternoon
Pages:
Actions