Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Mar 2018
  • Ah, thanks.  We have had a sad development.  Took Rusty to the vet.  She came home and got outside, but came back in willingly, so I thought that if she wanted to be out I would let her.  She spent the next two nights inside and then went out for two nights and then disappeared for 3 days.  I was looking all over for her, driving up and down all the roads.  Nearly 3 days to the minute she returned.

I am thinking, oh she got lost but found her way home.  Good.  She stayed overnight and left the next morning and has not returned and it has been nearly 4 weeks.  Again, have looked all over for her.  She seemed in good shape when she returned after the 3 days, not particularly hungry.  I don't know if taking her to the vet so stressed her out that she started looking for a new place to live.  I like to think she has found some place better, but am worried.  But there is nothing I can do.
  • #47 by yorkdude on 05 Mar 2018
  • Oh man hopefully she is safe. That's never easy, sorry to hear.
  • #48 by Michael_NW on 06 Mar 2018
  • Man, that just breaks your heart. Sorry to hear about that, Kristin. I hope you're holding up well with all of the stress from the training, Rusty, home inspection, Bentley, major cooks, and all the stuff we know nothing about. 

I'm glad to hear you passed your training!
  • #49 by Kristin Meredith on 07 Mar 2018
  • Well, had the home inspection today.  I don't know if I passed or not.  They took pictures and looked around.  They posted today that the puppies turn 8 weeks on March 14 and will go to their puppy raisers at that time, so I would think I would hear yeah or nay in the next couple of day.  Here are the adorable 8 in their little service vests!! Photo credit:  Rich Tarbell

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #50 by WiPelletHead on 07 Mar 2018
  • Good luck.

Good looking litter!!
  • #51 by Kristin Meredith on 13 Mar 2018
  • Well, huge disappointment.  I was advised by email this morning that, since I am working to try and get the former service dog organization shut down, they don't want me to raise a puppy for them. 

I don't see the connection.  Before I took the first class I disclosed my association and activities vis-a-vis the former group and was never questioned on it.  So I am not sure why they let me go through 4 weeks of classes and a home inspection and never have a discussion with me on the issue.  In fact, if I had not voluntarily disclosed the info, they would have never known.  But it is a huge disappointment to me right now.
  • #52 by glitchy on 13 Mar 2018
  • Very sorry to hear that Kristin! I can see why you would be frustrated.
  • #53 by yorkdude on 13 Mar 2018
  • That is a very sad development, you are not always rewarded for doing the right thing. Very sorry to hear.
  • #54 by Michael_NW on 15 Mar 2018
  • What? They bring you this far into the process and NOW bring that up?! Are they that concerned about how it would look to have a puppy raiser from their organization actively trying to shut down another one? Even though you joined them after you left the previous group?

I'm so sorry, Kristin. It's not right and I feel really bad for you.
  • #55 by Trooper on 15 Mar 2018
  • There are always things in life that I just don't understand at all.
    Very sad, Kristin.
    You are such a dedicated individual and certainly deserve better than this.
  • #56 by SmokinHandyman on 15 Mar 2018
  • Did Rusty come back?
  • #57 by Kristin Meredith on 15 Mar 2018
  • Did Rusty come back?

No, we keep looking but I have no idea where she could have gone.  I try to think positive and imagine that she has found a nicer home with maybe some other dogs to play with so I don't drive myself crazy with worry.
  • #58 by Kristin Meredith on 20 Mar 2018
  • Well folks, hope springs eternal!  I was somewhat downcast that I would not be able to raise a service puppy.  I started looking around again, not being very hopeful since the only other organization I knew of was Guiding Eyes for the Blind and you needed to travel to Alexandria every week for evening classes and that was a bit farther than I wanted to go.  But I looked at the site again and saw that they now had a chapter operating in the Mananas area, about the same distance I had been traveling to Charlottesville.

So I have an application in with them and I think I will start pre-placement classes here in a couple of weeks.  So I will keep you all apprised!,
  • #59 by yorkdude on 21 Mar 2018
  • Hope all goes well and you get to start on your new venture very soon.
  • #60 by Canadian John on 21 Mar 2018
  •  
    Manassas, The home of Dizzy Pig rubs. You do a two in one. Service dog and visit Chris Capel (Dizzy Pig)..  Hope this turns out for you. Your perseverance has to pay off at some point. :)
Pages:
Actions