Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Berniep on 08 Aug 2018
  • Got it Monday.  Got the initial burn in done. Couldn't get the wifi to connect.  After trying a lot of things over a few days I finally did the use a cell phone with the hotspot turned on sitting right on the shelf and it worked.  Only thing I could think was that my phone had a password for the wifi and at my house, since we live out in the country we leave it open, you would have to be in the lane to get a signal and we have never had a problem.  So I set a password for the router and BINGO it connected!

So yesterday I cooked a deep dish pizza. It was delicious!  I really think Im gonna like this thing.
      [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by grilltreats on 08 Aug 2018
  • Congrats on the new smoker!  I've had mine a few months now and am really enjoying it over my charcoal grill.  I find I can cook a lot more complete meals with it.  A very versatile machine indeed and very easy to  get lit and control.
  • #3 by cookingjnj on 08 Aug 2018
  • Well done Bernie. That pizza looked great.  I am pretty new to pellet cooking, and don’t recall a first cook (if it was your first cook) being a pizza in a cast iron skillet.  Nice job. Gonna love watching your future cooks. I love my RT, looks like you are well on your way to loving yours.
  • #4 by Berniep on 09 Aug 2018
  • Well done Bernie. That pizza looked great.  I am pretty new to pellet cooking, and don’t recall a first cook (if it was your first cook) being a pizza in a cast iron skillet.  Nice job. Gonna love watching your future cooks. I love my RT, looks like you are well on your way to loving yours.

When I first started researching pellet grills I found a video of them making a deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet and Ive had it on my mind every since.  Couldn't wait to try it myself.
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 09 Aug 2018
  • Congrats on your new pit!
  • #6 by Canadian John on 10 Aug 2018

•  It's good to hear things went well with the new pit- smoke on.
  • #7 by Bentley on 10 Aug 2018
  • When you do your Deep Dish, do you start with a layer of sliced mozzarella on top of the dough like a few of the shops I have seen in Chicago?

• #8 by Berniep on 11 Aug 2018
  • Congrats on your first cook.  NOW, how did your wife like the smoke flavor?

Well she liked it but at 425 there wasn't much smoke so the flavor was light.
    I just got some beef ribs out and will be doing those today.  So I think that will be the test lol.
  • #9 by Berniep on 11 Aug 2018
  • When you do your Deep Dish, do you start with a layer of sliced mozzarella on top of the dough like a few of the shops I have seen in Chicago?

Yes and the crust is only on the bottom.  The burnt cheese makes the crust on the side.  Delicious. 
  • #10 by MP09 on 11 Aug 2018
  • Great info and good lookin pie!
Pages:
Actions