Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Ross77 on 17 Jan 2018
  • Does anyone know when this is supposed to come out?  Last I heard it was December 2017.
  • #2 by lamrith on 18 Jan 2018
  • Next month they are supposed to officially announce the Wifi and the new trailblazer.  Usually when they announce things, it is announcing the launch and that it is available now, but unknown at this point on that.
  • #3 by Ross77 on 18 Jan 2018
  • Thanks for the update
  • #4 by Kelvininin on 19 Jan 2018
  • I am eventually going to build me own controller one of these days.  It will have wifi.
  • #5 by azwine on 19 Jan 2018
  • Hopefully this new WiFi will come with an app similar to GMG, where you can build profiles to cook w/o having to babysit the grill/smoker. I'm looking forward to getting a new smoker...had to sell my GMG when I moved to Tucson. Now have a gasser that is nice, but not the same as a pellet smoker/grill. :bbq: :clap:
  • #6 by Ross77 on 19 Jan 2018
  • They posted a video on Facebook saying “new products coming soon”. It was video of steel being cut, welded and I assume eventually assembled into a new grill.
  • #7 by snj1013 on 20 Jan 2018
  • I would assume the new Rec Tec WiFi controller is very similar to the one Blazn Grill Works has introduced. Both use Roanoke controllers. Here is the link showing the new controller http://www.blazngrillworks.com/wifi
  • #8 by Ross77 on 20 Jan 2018
  • Hopefully RecTec doesn't charge $219.  That's too steep for me.
  • #9 by snj1013 on 24 Jan 2018
  • Hopefully RecTec doesn't charge $219.  That's too steep for me.
    Ray said it will have to meat probes and be less than $100. Let's hope so!!!
  • #10 by Ross77 on 25 Jan 2018
  • They must be getting close as there is a RecTec app in the Apple App Store.
  • #11 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Jan 2018
  • When I talked to them on the phone about returning my bullseye I asked them about the new products. They said all the announcements will be coming Feb. 1st. So I imagine it the wifi and the new redone mini will be at the same time. As with everyone else, I just hope the price is reasonable.
  • #12 by Th3Batman86 on 25 Jan 2018

Looking at the app they are already on version 1.0.5 so they have been testing and fixing bugs. That is good news.
  • #13 by Ross77 on 25 Jan 2018

Looking at the app they are already on version 1.0.5 so they have been testing and fixing bugs. That is good news.

I saw a couple posts on their Facebook page from beta testers.
  • #14 by Hoosier Daddy on 25 Jan 2018
  • I would bet the new wifi along with other new products will be announced next Thursday.  During the last part of their "meat sweats" video they hinted at this.  Still considering their comp cart for myself. 

Dan
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 25 Jan 2018
  • $100 would be a great price. MAK is $300.
Pages:
Actions