Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Poll

Would you participate economically in funding the purchase of a uuni3 pellet pizza oven for PF testing in return for a chance to win the oven

No
- 20 (27.8%)
Yes, if the raffle ticket price was $5 per chance
- 16 (22.2%)
Yes, if the raffle ticket was $10 per chance
- 19 (26.4%)
Yes, if the raffle ticket was $20 per chance
- 4 (5.6%)
Yes, price of raffle ticket does not matter
- 13 (18.1%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Poll -- Would You Contribute to this Product Testing  (Read 5482 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Poll -- Would You Contribute to this Product Testing
« on: January 18, 2018, 07:35:26 PM »

This is from a thread about the uuni 3 pellet pizza oven.  The following was Free Mr. Tony's idea regarding PF members funding their own testing of a product:

"You take up a collection from PF. It has to be the same amount. Say 10 or 20 dollar donations. Once you have enough, you purchase the product. Do your test. Then raffle off to only those who donated. Say 10 is the number. If you pitch in 20, you get 2 entries. 30 for 3, etc. "

So I am doing a poll.  This poll is not aimed at a general participation concept, but specifically as to whether you would participate in a raffle if the uuni3 pellet pizza pit was offered. On Amazon, the pizza oven is $300.  I assume tax and then shipping to the winner would have to be factored in.  Let's just say $350.  So at $10 per ticket, you would need 35 tickets purchased.  I guess to make it worthwhile, you would cut it off after 35 tickets are sold.

If I have the concept wrong FMT (or anyone else) speak up and I will try and correct.  If anyone wants to comment or advise as to how many tickets at a price point they would purchase, please feel free to share.  Info is always good.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
Re: Poll -- Would You Contribute to this Product Testing
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 08:15:44 PM »

Heck yes.
That is a great idea, it truly is.
None of my business but can the tickets in some way cover the cost of testing, ingredients etc.
Reason why I ask is if a person were to win a new toy for a few bucks and it also comes with a roadmap, seems like that would be a pretty good deal.
I think that all of us know the cost of experimentation, just a thought.
Cost = $300.00, if you get to $(just say $400.00) that covers the cost and some ingredients for the test, etc.
40 people and done, that seems, at least to me, that someone for $10.00 or $20.00 makes out like a bandit.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:22:47 PM by yorkdude »

WiPelletHead

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Mondovi WI
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 08:33:26 PM »

Heck yes.
That is a great idea, it truly is.
None of my business but can the tickets in some way cover the cost of testing, ingredients etc.
Reason why I ask is if a person were to win a new toy for a few bucks and it also comes with a roadmap, seems like that would be a pretty good deal.
I think that all of us know the cost of experimentation, just a thought.
Cost = $300.00, if you get to $(just say $400.00) that covers the cost and some ingredients for the test, etc.
40 people and done, that seems, at least to me, that someone for $10.00 or $20.00 makes out like a bandit.

I think yorkdude is spot on.

Thanks to FMT for coming up with the idea.

:cool: :cool:

Edit due to missing an important part of the original post.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:26:42 AM by WiPelletHead »
FE PG 1000

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »

Concept is exactly what I proposed, and also would be a proponent of Yorkdudes addition of factoring in food cost to the total buy-in. I don't think that would fly on a general raffle, but I think the regular contributors here are all kind of in it together for the common goal so I can't imagine you would run into too many naysayers.

If this happens to work well it could open up a whole new avenue to do what you want with the site, regardless whether manufacturers want any part of it or not. In all honesty, I think it's better. If I were doing the testing, I would feel much more free to say what I think if the item was purchased independently.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:57:37 PM by Free Mr. Tony »

GrillinGlen

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Meridian, Idaho
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:37 PM »

I said $5 but would go to $10, don’t mean to be to cheap
2011 SS Memphis Pro

Fire708

• Shelton!
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2018, 09:36:43 PM »

Great idea! I’d love to see a test if that oven.

silverbullet

• I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 10:20:20 PM »

This is from a thread about the uuni 3 pellet pizza oven.  The following was Free Mr. Tony's idea regarding PF members funding their own testing of a product:

"You take up a collection from PF. It has to be the same amount. Say 10 or 20 dollar donations. Once you have enough, you purchase the product. Do your test. Then raffle off to only those who donated. Say 10 is the number. If you pitch in 20, you get 2 entries. 30 for 3, etc. "

So I am doing a poll.  This poll is not aimed at a general participation concept, but specifically as to whether you would participate in a raffle if the uuni3 pellet pizza pit was offered. On Amazon, the pizza oven is $300.  I assume tax and then shipping to the winner would have to be factored in.  Let's just say $350.  So at $10 per ticket, you would need 35 tickets purchased.  I guess to make it worthwhile, you would cut it off after 35 tickets are sold.

If I have the concept wrong FMT (or anyone else) speak up and I will try and correct.  If anyone wants to comment or advise as to how many tickets at a price point they would purchase, please feel free to share.  Info is always good.

Sure!!!!
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2018, 11:29:07 PM »

Me worrying about what I say about the Product...that's a good one!

We never kept a pit from Performance Testing, nor a product after a Product Review.  At least I did not, cant speak for Larry.  Always let the Manufacture know that, and always made sure they knew the results were gonna be posted, good or bad.  I never worried about it, I guess if the product had flaws, I figured they should not have sent it!

And since I am slow...you all are saying to collect enough money so that when the winner of the drawing getsthe product, they get X amount of money sent along with it to do their cooks with?

If I were doing the testing, I would feel much more free to say what I think if the item was purchased independently.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Michael_NW

• Battle Ground, WA
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 02:40:05 AM »

Even though it's not something that I think I would use, I would still buy a ticket to help make it happen. I think it's a great idea to remove any possible doubt as to whether bias is present in the review. We may all know Bentley's a straight shooter, but future members of the forum may not.
MAK 2 Star #2799 Weber Spirit

yorkdude

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 04:57:20 AM »

Me worrying about what I say about the Product...that's a good one

And since I am slow...you all are saying to collect enough money so that when the winner of the drawing getsthe product, they get X amount of money sent along with it to do their cooks with?

Well actually what I meant was the extra money would cover your cost of food for the testing.

If I were doing the testing, I would feel much more free to say what I think if the item was purchased independently.

DE

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 06:06:10 AM »

Excellent idea FMT and also excellent addition Yorkdude. I would only add that consideration be given to cover ALL hard costs for the testing (food)

Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

reubenray

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 06:14:45 AM »

I voted yes and the cost of the ticket does not matter. 

I also think the extra money should be used by PF either for the test and/or for their operation fees.  I would be lost without PelletFan!!
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 06:28:54 AM »

Bentley, I believe we all meant that you would get a little extra for testing so that food costs were covered on your end. Something like:

300 for unit
50 for shipping post test
50 for food costs
----------------------------------
400 total collection (40 ten dollar tickets)

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 06:32:31 AM »

Obviously, one thing to look into is how much of a pain it will be to give everyone's money back if it happens not to reach the correct amount. I have never done the gofundme or anything like it, so not sure how that works.

yorkdude

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 06:34:05 AM »

This might be a bit controversial but most remember how the give aways went in the old days.
The raffle would possibly help a great deal in separating the "got it for free"'folks, that were for the most part never heard from again, from the folks who would be more inclined to share some cooks.
If a person was interested in the product they have the choice to ante up, if not they don't, simple as that.
Could even use a poll etc. to gauge interest in a particular product, that may help to determine if you would be safe in the purchase, no sense it costing Bentley or Kristin.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:36:18 AM by yorkdude »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up