Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Quadman750 on 07 Sep 2017
  • Here is a pic of what I do
  • #17 by TechMOGogy on 19 Sep 2017
  • Congrats!
    It's a hard one to get right so it looks like your doing well!
  • #18 by Clonesmoker on 22 Sep 2017
  • The Aaron Franklin method and rub all the time!!  I cook by internal temp and feel never by time. Fat cap up and depending if I need to serve with an hour I will let it cool without wrapping. For tailgating I can leave it wrapped in a cooler for 4-5 hours and it is still hot.  Local Fareway grocery store meat manage told me I made the best brisket he has ever had!!

• #19 by pz on 22 Sep 2017
  • Boy that looks good!
  • #20 by triplebq on 22 Sep 2017
  • Nice job on the brisket.
  • #21 by Quadman750 on 23 Sep 2017
  •  Brisked looks good.
  • #22 by Trooper on 05 Nov 2017
  • I got this recipe from Bentley years ago & still use it to this day!

I've only been to two competitions in my life. The second one I got a first place trophy following this recipe. The GMG Mountain Man (I can't remember his name) came up to me afterward & complimented me on this brisket

Yes I was at that event with SilverBullet. I'm a KCBS Certified Judge. (This gathering was not a KCBS event though)
    I politely walked up to him after the judging and told him that his was the best brisket I had ever had.
    Now I find out it was Bentley's recipe. That's good to know!!
  • #23 by Redapple on 23 Sep 2018
  • Have you checked your grate temp compared to your controller temp, maybe it is running hot, I foil my heat deflector, it seems to mellow out the radiant heat off the heat deflector. I cook my briskets on the top shelf with drip pans under them on the cooking grates, they come out moist. Experiment & try this, I'm curious if it makes a difference. I have always done them this way.

Bingo, your method and ingredients sound fine, check actual temps versus displayed
Pages:
Actions