Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thread for "Rules" for Pellet Pizza Oven Product Distribution  (Read 571 times)

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Thread for "Rules" for Pellet Pizza Oven Product Distribution
« on: January 20, 2018, 03:01:26 PM »

Folks post the rules you would like to see for this product distribution:

1.  Price of ticket
2.  How many tickets (total) are to be sold
3.  How many tickets can one person buy
4.  How long will the raffle be open.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 07:41:40 PM by Kristin Meredith »

Michael_NW

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • Battle Ground, WA
Re: Thread for "Rules" for Pellet Pizza Oven Raffle
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 03:38:28 PM »

I think it would be a good idea to figure the total cost of buying, testing, and shipping the unit before price and number of tickets are discussed. It's not absolutely necessary to begin the discussion, but it would help set the framework.
MAK 2 Star #2799 Weber Spirit

hughver

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • University of Louisiana
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 04:08:05 PM »

I would suggest that all tickets be one price, say $5 or $10 and the number of tickets to be sold be determined by dividing the total anticipated cost by 5 or 10 and not limit the number of tickets that a single person could buy. KIS
--Hugh -- Sun Lakes, AZ. Traeger Select W/SS4, BGE-L, Charbroil Inferred Gas, Smokey Mountain Vertical Gas

jdmessner

• Evart, MI
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 05:39:31 PM »

In the for what it's worth department, here are a few thoughts.

The first is probably splitting hairs and may not be a factor at all. That being said, we might want to be careful calling it a raffle and the product being evaluated a prize. I know in many states there are tight regulations with permits and licenses needed for any kind of a raffle. If I have read the regulations correctly, in Michigan (where I live) a license is required for any prize over $100. I don't know if the terminology would raise red flags with any regulatory groups or some people.

Technically we are not holding a raffle. In most cases raffles are held as fundraisers with prizes given away as an incentive to buy tickets. What is being proposed in this group is not the same thing. There are no funds being raised for any individual or organization. We are only collecting "donation shares" (for lack of a better term), for a specific purpose and service (product evaluation). There is no prize, only the dispersing of a product after the initial service has been rendered. Like I said, this may be splitting hairs, but it is something to think about.

I did like an idea that was posted on an earlier thread. Have a limit on the initial number of shares (tickets) available to any given person, so everyone has a chance to get in that wants in. After a certain date open it up on a first come first serve basis until the max has been reached.

I do think all direct and indirect costs should be factored into the price of each share. However, I would think the cost of shipping the product from the testing sight to the recipient should be paid by the recipient.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:43:30 PM by jdmessner »
God grant that I may never live to be useless! ― John Wesley

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 07:34:22 PM »

Folks post the rules you would like to see for this raffle:

1.  Price of ticket
2.  How many tickets (total) are to be sold
3.  How many tickets can one person buy
4.  How long will the raffle be open.

1. 10 dollars
2. 40 tickets. Total cost of oven 299 (free shipping to you). Shipping to winner 65. Leftover money covers possibly 3 circumstances:
A. Shipping cost changes between the time test is done and actual shipping
B. My possible fees from PayPal
C. Operating expenses for pellet fan.
(see note at bottom)
3. Do 2 weeks of one per person. Open up to two per person for a week. Then 3 per person for a week. So Max 3 per person.
4. Total 4 weeks with layout above.

I say once it reaches the goal of 400, it's closed.  Buy the item, and do the test.

Note from above (C): 400 total income for everything minus 299 for oven and about 65 for shipping. That leaves 36 dollars for gray area. Shipping fluctuations, fees, etc. If I incurred fees I would subtract the amount, and transfer the remaining balance to you guys to put toward website expenses.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 07:37:58 PM »

The raffle comment above is something I did run across when researching apps and sites to use for this purpose. I do believe that since we are not involved with any charities or actual fundraising activities, we shouldn't have any issues. If anyone sees an actual legal roadblock, please speak up. I am not well versed in those circumstances. Just trying to have some fun with pellets.

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
Re: Thread for "Rules" for Pellet Pizza Oven Product Distribution
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2018, 07:43:47 PM »

I think the raffle comment was good.  I have gotten too lazy to research the issue -- only took a few seconds to make a name change.  Better safe than sorry.

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
Re: Thread for "Rules" for Pellet Pizza Oven Product Distribution
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 07:45:46 PM »

I think the raffle comment was good.  I have gotten too lazy to research the issue -- only took a few seconds to make a name change.  Better safe than sorry.

I can also create a new gmail with a different name as well. When we get to that point I will come up with something else. I almost picked a different name today when setting it up, but didn't want to get too complicated.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2018, 08:18:13 PM »

Again, a nice gesture by many on this site...but No.  The tickets were bought buy Members to fund the purchase of X, not to run this site..  The excess stays in the pool for the next Product.

Note from above (C): 400 total income for everything minus 299 for oven and about 65 for shipping. That leaves 36 dollars for gray area. Shipping fluctuations, fees, etc. If I incurred fees I would subtract the amount, and transfer the remaining balance to you guys to put toward website expenses.
"β€˜One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Free Mr. Tony

• Fort Wayne, Indiana
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2018, 08:55:25 PM »

Again, a nice gesture by many on this site...but No.  The tickets were bought buy Members to fund the purchase of X, not to run this site..  The excess stays in the pool for the next Product.

That works too. Just didn't know what else to do with it,  but thought the small excess was a nice cushion
Pages: [1]   Go Up