Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Hoosier Daddy on 27 Mar 2018
  • Had a great weekend.  Friday evening I put on a whole packer brisket and while that was smoking I grilled some ribeye steaks on my Weber kettle (1st pick).  I can only imagine what heaven will be like but for me it will contain the wonderful aroma hickory smoke!

The brisket was done Saturday around dinner time and I totally forgot to make sure I sliced it against the grain, although I think I may have gotten lucky and got it right anyway as it was tender. 

We ate on the brisket for two days and today wife is going to make some kind of casserole concoction out of the left overs. 

Should also note that Saturday was the worst snow storm we had all year getting 8in of white stuff during the course of the day but the Rec Tec purred along just fine without issue. 

Happy smoking,
    Dan
  • #2 by Ross77 on 27 Mar 2018
  • That’s a nice smoke ring.

What did you use for pellets?
  • #3 by Hoosier Daddy on 27 Mar 2018
  • Lumber Jack 100% Hickory. 
  • #4 by Ross77 on 27 Mar 2018
  • I’ve always used the LJ Pecan Blend on brisket. I need to try Hickory.
  • #5 by Ralphie on 27 Mar 2018
  • That's a great picture!  Gotta like the dinner lineup of ribeye, brisket, brisket, brisket casserole.  Ya'll aren't messing around!
  • #6 by triplebq on 28 Mar 2018
  • Nice job on the brisket
  • #7 by cookingjnj on 28 Mar 2018
  • What a great site seeing the RT and kettle smoking side by side. That brisket smoke ring looks great, and paired with rib eyes makes for a great feast. Nice job.
Pages:
Actions