Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My RecTec Bullseye Experience  (Read 9477 times)

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: My RecTec Bullseye Experience
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2018, 05:59:59 PM »

This was one of the reason I left the thread and figured it was one man's opinion...And not just a bash job...Seemed quite strange to me...

(The Bullseye) It has absolutely no business sitting beside my RT680 ...the RT680 (which I love) ...because I love the RT680...

Well, I guess you got your freebie...
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2018, 09:20:57 PM »

Glad you got things worked out. Like you I don't believe shipping had anything to do with it. Not based on the pictures.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

triplebq

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • If you are looking you ain't cooking
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2018, 09:24:53 PM »

but honestly, at that low of a price point, and for a grill that has to actually be assembled by hand for hours...I don’t think expectations can be but so high. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry I don't agree with you here. Regardless of the price one should expect a unit to be in tip top shape.
Orion Smoker Blaz'n Grid Iron Cookshack FEC-120 Cookshack Charbroiler CB036

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2018, 09:53:21 PM »

Glad you got things worked out. Like you I don't believe shipping had anything to do with it. Not based on the pictures.

My only comment here is that if IF he is right and it was all damaged in shipping. Then the packaging is not correct. Because neither of the boxes were damaged. And if the contents can move around that much to damage themselves, then that still isn't on the shipping company.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

silverbullet

• I thought my House was Child Proof then one got in
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 07:51:49 PM »

Glad to hear things are working out for ya! Customer satisfaction goes a long way in this business!
GMG DC Camp Chef WW24

LowSlowJoe

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Smoking out of southeastern Michigan
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2018, 12:28:53 PM »

I'd like to thank Bentley for leaving this topic up...  and for the original poster for sharing , in a manner that I do believe was pretty sincere and not really trying to 'bash' the company, etc...   I think virtually every grill maker is going to have issues from time to time...  I think Rec Tec seems to handle problems as good or better then any other company, which is probably why it's so rare to see anything truly bad about a Rec Tec grill or a users experience with them.
Fast Eddy PG500, Traeger Texas, Traeger Junior, Traeger PTG, GMG Davy Crockett

Th3Batman86

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »

I'd like to thank Bentley for leaving this topic up...  and for the original poster for sharing , in a manner that I do believe was pretty sincere and not really trying to 'bash' the company, etc...   I think virtually every grill maker is going to have issues from time to time...  I think Rec Tec seems to handle problems as good or better then any other company, which is probably why it's so rare to see anything truly bad about a Rec Tec grill or a users experience with them.

The third bullseye gets here on Monday. So cross your fingers it isn’t a mess. I will update this thread when I have it out of the box. That may not be Monday.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

TravlinMan

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »

Had a similar 'experience' with a GMG Davy Crocket a few years back, the third one was the charm - This type of situation can be very frustrating - for both parties..  Sounds like the situation will resolve itself soon..

Keep with it..  Enjoy your new Bullyeye.

.... :bbq:
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2018, 04:48:53 PM »

I had a similar issue with a refrigerator.  They had about 9 service calls on it because the ice maker fan kept freezing over. They finally decided to give me a newer model (2 years newer).  1st delivery the product was damaged.  They didn't even take it off the truck.  Apparently, the next 3 deliveries to the appliance store from the manufacturer also arrived damaged.  After that, the manufacturer called me and made me an offer to send them the serial number sticker on the inside of the fridge in exchange for a VISA gift card valued at what I paid for the fridge.  I kept the fridge and now turn off the ice maker once it is full.  Turn it back on when it gets close to empty.  Haven't had an issue for over 6 months when I was having an issue every 2-3 months before.  Bit of a pain, but I can deal with it for what they paid me. :cool:
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

cookingjnj

• Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2018, 04:58:20 PM »

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story Batman, and some thoughts after you use your Bullseye.  My interest became peaked by the Bullseye as I use my 680 for mostly low and slow and would like to look at an alternative to high heat cooking than my gasser or a charcoal fired pit.   Glad you stuck with RT as you really can't beat the customer service they provide.

lamrith

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2018, 05:23:04 PM »

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story Batman, and some thoughts after you use your Bullseye.  My interest became peaked by the Bullseye as I use my 680 for mostly low and slow and would like to look at an alternative to high heat cooking than my gasser or a charcoal fired pit.   Glad you stuck with RT as you really can't beat the customer service they provide.
It is perfect for what you are looking for.  I have a 680 and bought a bullseye for just that reason and love it.  fast to temp, super hot searing.  You can fire it up for lunch even and have it hot, cooked food cooling and be eating before your 680 would be at temp.  super easy too no lighting and prepping charcoal.  Gasser is easier, but wood is better flavor.

Ross77

« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2018, 05:24:14 PM »

I’ve been waiting for reviews on the Bullseye. Are you willing to do a more in depth review?
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

lamrith

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »

I’ve been waiting for reviews on the Bullseye. Are you willing to do a more in depth review?
I am hoping to, just had zero time to really do one up.  Long and short though I LOVE it.  I was upset when they discontinued the mini, as I had planned to get that for my hot and fast grilling (90% of my grilling fits on two 19" long grill grates).  However now that I have a bullseye I am glad they did and forced me to wait.  The bullseye is a better GRILLER than a typical pellet grill with drip tray could ever be imho.  Nothing beats direct flame on meat for grilling.

Lantern

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2018, 06:05:54 PM »

Thanks to EVERYBODY involved in this thread. In the end we wind up with a potentially happy customer, informed future customers, great pub for a hard working manufacturer and a forum gains more credibility. None of this would be possible if the forum didn't allow an honest telling of a customer's experience.

Th3Batman86

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 10:49:34 PM »

Thanks to EVERYBODY involved in this thread. In the end we wind up with a potentially happy customer, informed future customers, great pub for a hard working manufacturer and a forum gains more credibility. None of this would be possible if the forum didn't allow an honest telling of a customer's experience.

I agree and I am really happy the admin let it stay. I will do a more in depth review once I get it. Just might not be timely. I work full time and am a full time student as well (nothing like back to school in your 30’s) so it may be a bit before I get to really use it. I will update on th delivery condition though. I also want to say as the OP I love that this is such an active thread and active site.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up