Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: My RecTec Bullseye Experience  (Read 9479 times)

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
Re: My RecTec Bullseye Experience
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2018, 12:06:48 AM »

Hope you stick around for awhile after your delivery.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Th3Batman86

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
  • I love Pellet Grills - Abraham Lincoln (Probably)
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2018, 04:18:33 PM »

The new Bullseye arrived today. The box looks good. I will update with assembly when I have time. I popped open the top and took a quick pick. Nothing jumping out at me. I did notice the strapping band is very loose and the little triangle on top to keep things from being stacked on it is MIA. Not looking good for UPS at this point.
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

lamrith

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2018, 06:22:49 PM »

The new Bullseye arrived today. The box looks good. I will update with assembly when I have time. I popped open the top and took a quick pick. Nothing jumping out at me. I did notice the strapping band is very loose and the little triangle on top to keep things from being stacked on it is MIA. Not looking good for UPS at this point.
So it was UPS freight that made the delivery?  Def interested to see how it turns out for you.

Th3Batman86

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2018, 06:23:51 PM »

UPS Freight have made 2 out of the three deliveries. The first and the last. The middle one was XPO logistics
LoneStar Grillz 42”, Blackstone Griddle, Pit Barrel Cooker, Meadow Creek TS250, Weber Summit Kamado, Gozney Dome,

Ross77

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2018, 12:20:53 PM »

Have you had a chance to use the Bullseye much?  I’m considering getting one and would like to know what you think of it.

I’d primarily use it for hot and fast grilling.
Rec Tec RT-680 Char-Broil Patio Bistro  MES: Sold WSM: Sold

Th3Batman86

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2018, 01:06:27 PM »

Have you had a chance to use the Bullseye much?  I’m considering getting one and would like to know what you think of it.

I’d primarily use it for hot and fast grilling.

I have used it a few times. Been pretty wet here in Oregon so not much. I have been refraining from typing a "review" until I really get to use it. But to answer your question, for hot and fast (think what you would do on a propane) it works great. This will be/is my primary use for it too. However, I do think for build quality they have it over priced. So you will have to weigh that yourself. Also, it pretty much has to been vacuumed out every time so that is kind of a bummer. A cool thing is that the weber grate drops right in. So I bought the weber gourmet system grate with a cast iron insert and a wok insert so I am looking forward to playing with those on it. I will do a better review once I have really put some time on it.

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2018, 03:58:33 PM »

Maybe the quotes mean something, maybe it is semantics.  But I will take this time to remind everyone, we don't allow "Reviews" by members of Pellet Units!  We have a section for Member reviews of just about anything else if a Member can follow those rules. 

Cook on the unit, feel free to post your cooks and comments, personal experiences, but please leave the Pellet Unit Reviews to the Site!

I have been refraining from typing a "review" until I really get to use it.

I will do a better review once I have really put some time on it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:05:58 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Th3Batman86

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2018, 06:09:30 PM »

That is what I meant by the quotes. Not a true review, just my thoughts and feeling and experiences once I have enough of them to form a solid opinion.

Maybe the quotes mean something, maybe it is semantics.  But I will take this time to remind everyone, we don't allow "Reviews" by members of Pellet Units!  We have a section for Member reviews of just about anything else if a Member can follow those rules. 

Cook on the unit, feel free to post your cooks and comments, personal experiences, but please leave the Pellet Unit Reviews to the Site!

I have been refraining from typing a "review" until I really get to use it.

I will do a better review once I have really put some time on it.

DynoDan

• Using less gas.
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2018, 12:05:34 AM »

Does anyone here actually have a Bullseye and used it to cook?  I haven’t seen many reviews on them. The Rec Tec fan Facebook page has a lot of posts from people using them but no real reviews.
I have one and use it often. It's a good griller. Ups delivered mine all beat up. Took one phone call to get it replaced. It's not perfect. It's just an entry level pellet grill. I like the concept and know the company will improve on that design.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up