Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2018
  • Tappecue Ultimate Wi-Fi BBQ Thermometer

MSRP $xxx.xx + Shipping

Pros: TBD

Cons: TBD

• #2 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2018
  • So we get the Tappecue out of the box and we set up the Account.  We go to Tappecue.com and we download the Widows Setup. Making sure we...

*Important: Please plug in a probe
    before usb power before using the
    Windows or MAC setup program
    or applying firmware updates!

And if you are like me, you just have it as an Icon on your Desktop Screen.

• #3 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2018
  • We then set up our account with a username and password.

• #4 by Bentley on 26 Jan 2018
  • After establishing account we hook up to our network.  We enter our account information.

Then we Register our New Tappecue.

We then do our Wi-Fi set up, you will need the info on your wireless system for this.

• #5 by Bentley on 27 Jan 2018
  • After it is set up, it is just a matter of connecting one to four probes and using the Tappecue on either your Smartphone, tablet or computer!  We will deleve into that over the next couple of days!
  • #6 by Bentley on 28 Jan 2018
  • One of the Pros for me is the ability to track from your Desktop or Laptop too.  I realize I am probably in a very small minority, but I don't have a Smartphone and I do not use tablets very much.  I like being able to pull it up on my laptop and see both temperatures and graph!

• #7 by sleebus.jones on 29 Jan 2018
  • This is SO timely!  I was looking at getting one just the other day.  Looking forward to the rest of the review.
  • #8 by Bentley on 29 Jan 2018
  • And maybe your post is timely for me too.  I am not a technical person, and therefore am struggling with how to show this unit.  Is there anything I can "show" you that you would like.  I realize we want to and be as objective and unbiased as possible, but it seems at times like this, I short change the manufacture...

This is SO timely!  I was looking at getting one just the other day.  Looking forward to the rest of the review.
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 29 Jan 2018
  • Might be a good idea for those that have a Tappacue to send you a PM of their pros and cons of the unit for you to assess what would be fair in a product review after you test out their pros and cons.
  • #10 by Bentley on 29 Jan 2018
  • Outstanding! 
  • #11 by sleebus.jones on 30 Jan 2018
  • Is there anything I can "show" you that you would like.

Hm.  Lemme read through the manual and see if there's anything I'd like shown.  Being able to see a live graph while cooking is a Big Thing for me, so that's one question answered.
  • #12 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Jan 2018
  • Can you change the X and Y axis labels (i.e. instead of in 10 degree increments could you make them 5, instead of the bottom starting at 0 degrees could it be 150 degrees, etc)?
  • #13 by Bentley on 30 Jan 2018
  • I need to read the manual too...but that one is probably one I'm going to ask the Manufacture to com on and answer!
  • #14 by pmillen on 30 Jan 2018
  • Hm.  Lemme read through the manual and see if there's anything I'd like shown.  Being able to see a live graph while cooking is a Big Thing for me, so that's one question answered.

Is that the case?  I didn't think Tappecue provided real time graphing.  I thought that, at the end of the cook, users downloaded the information into a spreadsheet and produced the graph.
  • #15 by pmillen on 30 Jan 2018
  • Can you adjust the scale on the Y axis?
Pages:
Actions