Pages:
Actions
  • #46 by TechMOGogy on 04 Feb 2018
  • I would like to see how it cooks a loaf of bread or buns!
  • #47 by Goosehunter51 on 04 Feb 2018
  • Potato skins, wings, quesadillas, Tortillas
  • #48 by slaga on 05 Feb 2018
  • slaga, I posted this a bit earlier in the thread:

"I have looked at their web site and video and it shows that you can do steak, fish etc, but you are first suppose to put in their cast iron skillet and heat it up and then take it out and put the meat in and cook.  So I think they are getting across that you just can't put a piece of raw meat in and expect it to cook.  Would probably also mess up the stone for cooking pizzas.

On the video, the opening looks small and I don't think a regular cast iron skillet would fit.  I think you probably have to purchase their cast iron stuff to cook with.  I didn't want to incur this additional expense.  If whoever gets it decides he/she wants to cook other things maybe they will purchase the cast iron cookware and show us what they cooked."

However, maybe if it is a sous vide and already cooked we could find a somewhat flat griddle that we could slide in to protect the stone from grease, etc.  I will look around the kitchen and see if we have something that would work.
    I saw that. I just wanted to second the recommendation. I am interested in a pizza oven of some kind and besides pizza, the next thing I want to know is how well it would sear proteins that have already been cooked to a certain extent, whether it be sous vide or in a smoker. Pizza and finishing proteins are my main interests in the UUNI3.

Edit below:
    And if I do win it I will post some pics of my attempt at searing proteins.
  • #49 by Bentley on 10 Feb 2018
  • #50 by Bentley on 10 Feb 2018
  • Yes please...And how to cook it?  Are not the things this bread is cook in like a small Igloo with an open top, and do they not stick it to the inside?  I need direction on how to cook it!

...I have never made it myself, if nobody has a recipe to share, I can always go find one.
  • #51 by Bentley on 10 Feb 2018
  • I have researched and applied that to trying to manage the fire and heat source in this unit.  I have come to believe that the heat source cannot be managed, maybe that is a flaw of mine. 

I am going to list all the suggestions and put a line through what I believe cannot be done.  NOW, that does not mean I will not try, but I just don't believe it is possible.

Let me give you what I think the times will be on the cross outs, and then I will try and show some video of how the heat comes in this unit and some IR readings and you all may get a better idea of why I do not even want to try some of them.

Thick Crust Pizza (At least 20 minutes)
    Reverse searing a steak/Sous vide steak sear
    Grocery store pizzas (At least 12 minutes)
    English muffin pizzas
    Indian Naan
    Loaf of bread or buns (At least 12 minutes on buns)
    Potato skins, wings (At least 12 minutes), quesadillas, Tortillas
    Fat mall pretzels
    Calzone
Pages:
Actions