Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Jan 2018
  • I grew up eating english muffin pizzas - split muffin in half, add sauce, top with cheese and back at 350 for about 10 minutes.  I wonder how these little things would do in this oven.
  • #32 by Bentley on 27 Jan 2018
  • Sounds about like that Carolina BBQ sauce, but we will take one for the team...I will just make Kristin eat it!  She is a bread freak!
  • #33 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Jan 2018
  • Bentley, what do you plan on setting this oven on top of when you use it?

I don't think he will be in charge of that part of the operation because he would probably set it up on the middle of my dining room table.
  • #34 by Free Mr. Tony on 27 Jan 2018
  • Bentley, what do you plan on setting this oven on top of when you use it?

I don't think he will be in charge of that part of the operation because he would probably set it up on the middle of my dining room table.

That's pretty funny. Knowing bentley just a bit, this does not seem too far fetched.
  • #35 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Jan 2018
  • i thought he had his tenderizer viced to the kitchen table ;D
  • #36 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Jan 2018
  • Yes, I did not oversee that operation and my kitchen table has a permanent indentation as a result.  We may have to borrow the uncle's metal outdoor dining table for this undertaking.
  • #37 by Bentley on 27 Jan 2018
  • Not sure how I missed this...Good question.  I was assuming one of the 6 footers, will have to see if the bottom is insulated.

Oh, I posted before I saw the boys table post, yeah, that is probably the winner as they are never eating at it again I bet!

Bentley, what do you plan on setting this oven on top of when you use it?
  • #38 by slaga on 04 Feb 2018
  • What about a sous vide steak with a 700 or 800 degree seer in the uuni to finish it off?
  • #39 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Feb 2018
  • slaga, I posted this a bit earlier in the thread:

"I have looked at their web site and video and it shows that you can do steak, fish etc, but you are first suppose to put in their cast iron skillet and heat it up and then take it out and put the meat in and cook.  So I think they are getting across that you just can't put a piece of raw meat in and expect it to cook.  Would probably also mess up the stone for cooking pizzas.

On the video, the opening looks small and I don't think a regular cast iron skillet would fit.  I think you probably have to purchase their cast iron stuff to cook with.  I didn't want to incur this additional expense.  If whoever gets it decides he/she wants to cook other things maybe they will purchase the cast iron cookware and show us what they cooked."

However, maybe if it is a sous vide and already cooked we could find a somewhat flat griddle that we could slide in to protect the stone from grease, etc.  I will look around the kitchen and see if we have something that would work.
  • #40 by cookingjnj on 04 Feb 2018
  • How about some type of flat bread, like an Indian Naan?  I believe traditionally, Naan is made in a clay oven, so this might be very similar?  There are many flavors that can be added to the Naan, which might make it a good candidate to test.  Granted, I have never made Naan at home, but is a bread the whole family enjoys.
  • #41 by BigDave83 on 04 Feb 2018
  • I grew up eating english muffin pizzas - split muffin in half, add sauce, top with cheese and back at 350 for about 10 minutes.  I wonder how these little things would do in this oven.

I love those, I usually toast the muffins first then top them and  minutes in the nuwave oven on high, I burn the roof of my mouth everytime. I am a slow learner
  • #42 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Feb 2018
  • I too, really enjoy Naan.  Anyone have a recipe?
  • #43 by cookingjnj on 04 Feb 2018
  • Hey Kristin, as mentioned, I have never made it myself, if nobody has a recipe to share, I can always go find one.
  • #44 by pmillen on 04 Feb 2018
  • How are those fat mall pretzels cooked?  Can they be done in the Uuni?
  • #45 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Feb 2018
  • How are those fat mall pretzels cooked?  Can they be done in the Uuni?

They are baked.  I know that Bentley keeps trying to focus me on the fact that this is suppose to be about 900 degrees for 60 to 90 seconds, so that the thick crust pizza I like can't be cooked on it.  But he said he would experiment on me -- maybe put something in as it is cooling off.  But if someone knows how the fat pretzels are cooked and maybe a recipe we can always experiment.  He loves getting to be a mad scientist.
Pages:
Actions