Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Canadian John on 28 Jan 2018
  •  As I cook year round, I ended up with what I thought to be a good BBQ gazebo to lessen the effects of mother nature. It was a big help..Three years later some of the plastic joints in the otherwise all metal fabrication started to deteriorate. Due to the shape and composure of these joints, repair was out of the question..Rust was starting to develop as well, so it was scrapped..  I was spoiled so I built- "Fort BBQ", a 62 sq/ft, all cedar construction with a metal gable roof and gable ends. Added later were eaves troughs with down spouts. That helped a bunch with dripping rain..
    There is an 800 lumen light wired in for nite time use..I am now to the point I would find it hard too get along without it.

That's my long story.  For the recordI have been cooking for decades outside..  The question still stands.
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Jan 2018
  • I do not put my grills under the covered portion of the patio.  They stay off to the side away from anything they could start on fire.  I would like to see some picture of your fort though.
  • #3 by Bentley on 28 Jan 2018
  • I must see a photo of this area!  I just cook on the back porch.
  • #4 by Darwin on 28 Jan 2018
  • My grills live on the back patio, but I roll them out to open space just to be safe while cooking.  When I win the lottery or retire and move i will build an outdoor kitchen.   :cool:

Auto correct on the Kindle bites!
  • #5 by hughver on 28 Jan 2018
  • Why would I cook under cover, it' 78° and sunny.   :cool:
  • #6 by cookingjnj on 28 Jan 2018
  • I have a retractable awning that covers most of the deck.  When it is snowing, raining, or direct sun in late summer afternoons, I extend the awning to make cooking a little more comfortable.   Does not help with wind and cold but keeps me dry all the same.
  • #7 by mowin on 28 Jan 2018
  • I've got my pellet grill under a oversized eve. It's stays dry, but I don't. 

I've used my stick burner several times in my metal carport(10' tall legs).  There's now a large brown spot on the tin.  Lol
  • #8 by triplebq on 28 Jan 2018
  • When it is raining or when super hot I will put up my Z-shade canopy. I wish I had a shed with a covered porch that I could cook under but I don't  >:(.
  • #9 by Canadian John on 28 Jan 2018
  • For a young man, that is something to look forward to.."Rome wasn't built in a day".
  • #10 by Darwin on 28 Jan 2018
    In Phoenix, we don't get rain or clouds and shade is hard to come by.  :rotf:   
    Sunny and 81° today.   :clap: 
  • #11 by yorkdude on 28 Jan 2018
  • I must see a photo of this area!  I just cook on the back porch.
    Mostly the driveway here.
    Have a few chairs and FUN.
    Makes our garage smell like smoke, big plus.
  • #12 by Canadian John on 28 Jan 2018
    Darwin, that is being hard on us northern folk..Enjoy your wonderful weather.. Wen we lived in Phoenix in the fifties, there was a restaurant that had a no-charge day if it rained... We enjoyed the weather, a lot... Friends would ask us if we wanted to go snow skiing in the mountains -Flagstaff. We rightfully declined having come from Canada to spend the winter there.
  • #13 by DE on 28 Jan 2018
  • Under cover.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #14 by urnmor on 28 Jan 2018
  • No my neighbors know when I am cooking :cool:
  • #15 by Darwin on 28 Jan 2018
    Darwin, that is being hard on us northern folk..Enjoy your wonderful weather.. Wen we lived in Phoenix in the fifties, there was a restaurant that had a no-charge day if it rained... We enjoyed the weather, a lot... Friends would ask us if we wanted to go snow skiing in the mountains -Flagstaff. We rightfully declined having come from Canada to spend the winter there.
    John, we have lots of your countrymen and geese down here just now. They both head north in a couple months.  I wish I could join them.   :beer:

DE, that's a nice patio.  Looks like a great space to enjoy.
Pages:
Actions