Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 04 Mar 2018
  • Good to see lotsa new folks on here recently.  Some of us oldtimers put our city, state information on our side panel.  You can add it by going to your profile and typing it into the personal text section.  Some of us find it helps us out when folks talk about sales at grocery stores, weather, styles of cooking, local dishes, etc.
  • #2 by Bentley on 04 Mar 2018
  • Mayberry has a style of cooking?  Serious question, did Aunt Bee ever make fried chicken?
  • #3 by BandCollector on 05 Mar 2018
  • Good to see lotsa new folks on here recently.  Some of us oldtimers put our city, state information on our side panel.  You can add it by going to your profile and typing it into the personal text section.  Some of us find it helps us out when folks talk about sales at grocery stores, weather, styles of cooking, local dishes, etc.

Great suggestion. . . . It has always been a pet peeve of mine when trying to answer a members question (regardless of what sight I am on) when they do not feel it necessary to let anyone know where they are from.  I guess too many of us are afraid that Big Brother is watching. . . . LOL!
    • BandCollector
  • #4 by CaptJerry on 05 Mar 2018
  • Just for ya'll  :cool:
  • #5 by CaptJerry on 05 Mar 2018
  • Mayberry has a style of cooking?  Serious question, did Aunt Bee ever make fried chicken?

For some reason in the back of my mind reserved for worthless information..............
    Didn't her and Clara Edwards have some kind of spat or contest over fried chicken????????

Aunt Bee has her own Wiki page,

Aunt Bee, full name Beatrice Taylor, is the paternal aunt of widower Sheriff Andy Taylor and great-aunt to his son Opie Taylor. In the premiere episode of The Andy Griffith Show, "The New Housekeeper," Aunt Bee returns to Mayberry after a five-year sojourn in Morgantown, West Virginia, when Andy's housekeeper Rose marries and leaves his house. Aunt Bee thereafter manages Andy's household and becomes Opie's surrogate mother and grandmother. Andy explains to Opie that he was raised by Aunt Bee, and Bee later mentions, without elaboration, having raised other Taylors. Bee is well known in Mayberry for her cooking skills. In the first episode, she serves a platter of fried chicken with all the trimmings, and thereafter her character is associated with wholesome, home-cooked meals. She frequently contributes meals to community or church events and brings picnic baskets of food to Mayberry's tiny jail for its lawmen and inmates. While Aunt Bee is celebrated for her cuisine, she falls short as a pickler and marmalade maker. Andy and Barney refer to her pickles as "kerosene cucumbers" and her marmalade as "ammonia". Andy is fond of her pork chops and cornbread biscuits, while Opie's favorite dish is her butterscotch pecan pie. Bee has several one-episode flirtations in the early seasons with men who prove to be cads.

Aunt Bee's other relatives sometimes come up in episodes; she speaks of trimming her brother's hair when a girl and, in one episode, her sister Nora visits. She also has a rapscallion cousin called Bradford J. Taylor who features in a color episode. Bee is a teetotaler. In an episode in which a traveling salesman comes to Mayberry peddling patent medicine, Andy tells Barney that Aunt Bee is heavily against alcohol due to her brother's trouble with the bottle. In the same episode, Bee plays the piano and speaks of her baptism. Bee is a member of the town choir and sings in church.

Why is Styx, To much time on my hands, running through my head?
Pages:
Actions