Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Michael_NW on 28 Jan 2018
  • My smoker is under the eve of the house in back, so I guess it's under cover, such as it is. If there was one thing I wish I had the $$$ for it would be a patio cover in back. The grill gets wet in season and hot in season.
  • #17 by silverbullet on 28 Jan 2018
  • Usually its under the eve on the patio or in the garage entry if its really cold, rainy, windy back on the patio.
  • #18 by yorkdude on 29 Jan 2018
  • Under cover.

Very nice set up "DE".

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #19 by Chris__M on 29 Jan 2018
  • My Traeger is protected by an adapted log-store. My BBQ area is at the end of my garden, behind my garage. Which made it easy to simply drill through the wall for access to power and network connections.

• #20 by reubenray on 29 Jan 2018
  • I have a beach umbrella setup which is directly behind and over my smoker when the umbrella is open.  If I need it I use it if not I don't.  It has come in handy for the hot sun plus rain while I am cooking on it.
  • #21 by dk117 on 29 Jan 2018
  • I get rained on a lot when cooking.   Never been much of an issue for 8 years with the Traeger. 

When the before mentioned lottery comes my way something like this would be nice.

DK
    • dk117
  • #22 by Canadian John on 29 Jan 2018
  • Under cover.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    DE, I see you got the cabinet you had inquired about. It fits in well with the rest of your cooking equipment. Your setup is top drawer.
  • #23 by Clonesmoker on 29 Jan 2018
  • Got the heavy cover for my GMG DB. That is on it when not in use. I park it under the eave of the house on my concrete patio. If it does rain, while in use, I just turn it around so I can open the lid from the backdoor of our garage.  I can go in our garage open the backdoor up, fold up my front tray on the DB and not get wet.  I have not had any problems with pellets getting wet or damp either. The cover is pretty sweet!!
  • #24 by LowSlowJoe on 29 Jan 2018
  • I have a 18x11 foot shed/barn... it's mostly to store my lawn mower and a few other things in... but when I got my Fast Eddy PG500, I got this idea that I was going to put it in the back of this shed, so I cleared out enough space to put it in.    I really should build me another shed just for smoking in... cause I'm so used to smoking in the shed that I really would not want to go without.   It's got like 19 square feet of continuous sofit venting as well as a couple large doors that I were concerned about smoke...  I keep a good 18" or more from any combustible material, and for the most part I have little to know fear of any  problems with fire, since the PG500 is almost impossible to get a grease fire in while cooking in the indirect side...

Anway, I would like to build a shed about half the size of this one I'm using now, that would be dedicated to nothing but my pellet grill(s).  Maybe this summer...    All I know for sure is when I want to smoke food and it's 10F or colder outside... I am grateful to have a place where the wind doens't blow directly across my cooking area..
  • #25 by lamrith on 29 Jan 2018
  • Yes, I cook under a covered porch.  If not for that here in WA there is just no way to really bbq, not joking it rains pretty much 8mos a year.
  • #26 by okie smokie on 29 Jan 2018
  • I have a covered porch that I only use when there is rain or snow. Ceiling is high enough that with a mild breeze, much of the smoke and soot is carried away.  Most of the time I am on the open portion that is continuous but not covered.  By the way DE, that is some layout you have under your covered porch.  Just don't get a grease fire.
     :2cents:
  • #27 by hughver on 30 Jan 2018
  • Yes, I cook under a covered porch.  If not for that here in WA there is just no way to really bbq, not joking it rains pretty much 8mos a year.

That's why people in the NW don't tan, they rust.
  • #28 by Florida Jim on 30 Jan 2018
  • I cook on my screened in back porch. Most of the time the sea breeze from the gulf blows the smoke away.
    The positive side is the screen keeps the Florida state bird, "The mosquito" at bay.
  • #29 by Fire708 on 30 Jan 2018
  • We built our deck so it extends to the house under the covered back porch. So I cook under cover in the wet season and out in the open in nice weather.
  • #30 by DE on 31 Jan 2018
  • My Traeger is protected by an adapted log-store. My BBQ area is at the end of my garden, behind my garage. Which made it easy to simply drill through the wall for access to power and network connections.

If there was a like button, I would hit it twice!
Pages:
Actions