Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by TLK on 31 Jan 2018
  • I turned my yoder into a "built-in" so it is out in the elements year round.  I couldn't talk the boss into a pergola so if I am using it in really bad weather I have to set up a little tent to help keep it dry.
  • #32 by Bobitis on 31 Jan 2018
  • I built a floating deck extension off of my main deck due to space restrictions.
    I want to put up some type of a roof but am currently paralyzed by my inability to pick a design.

Floating deck extension? Please elaborate.
  • #33 by Bobitis on 31 Jan 2018
  • 2nd floor condo dweller with a unit above. Covered all the time.
  • #34 by ArborAgent on 31 Jan 2018
  • I cook underneath a water proofed deck in my backyard. House is built in a hill so I technically cook in the basement but it’s a full daylight.

If I didn’t cook under cover, I’d cook three months out of the year.
  • #35 by hughver on 01 Feb 2018
  • I cook underneath a water proofed deck in my backyard. House is built in a hill so I technically cook in the basement but it’s a full daylight.

If I didn’t cook under cover, I’d cook three months out of the year.

You must live in the great NW.  ::)
  • #36 by tewharaunz on 01 Feb 2018
  • My wife is vegetarian so I’ve always called my gas grill the “Meat Kitchen.”  I’ve cooked on it year-round (all weather) for years. However, this Summer, I’ve roofed a 2x4 metre section of the courtyard, put the two Traeger on a stainless work bench with pellet storage underneath, and installed an outdoor socket with LED floodlights.  I should have done it years ago!
  • #37 by WayneB on 01 Feb 2018
  • I do not put my grills under the covered portion of the patio.  They stay off to the side away from anything they could start on fire.  I would like to see some picture of your fort though.

Unless you open the cover during a fire and don't put it down, how would a grill fire catch anything else on fire?
    A Grill fire is never a problem till the lid is left open.
  • #38 by urnmor on 01 Feb 2018
  • Unless you open the cover during a fire and don't put it down, how would a grill fire catch anything else on fire?

I know to people yo could ask one is my brother in law and the other is my wife.  they both almost burnt down the houses but fortunately everything was caught in time.  Now both of these incidents happen years ago however I am now always cognizant of how close my grills are to the house and the railings 
  • #39 by Canadian John on 01 Feb 2018
  • Unless you open the cover during a fire and don't put it down, how would a grill fire catch anything else on fire?

I know to people yo could ask one is my brother in law and the other is my wife.  they both almost burnt down the houses but fortunately everything was caught in time.  Now both of these incidents happen years ago however I am now always cognizant of how close my grills are to the house and the railings 
    A big 10-4 on that urnmor. Vinyl and wood siding are somewhat high heat and fire sensitive. Then there's the soffit above.  Close calls trigger caution for most of us.
  • #40 by ArborAgent on 01 Feb 2018
  • My siding is cement board, the roof of my covered patio is galvanized metal. If my hopper caught fire, it's fully enclosed in metal. I'm not sure how the fire gets out of the metal.

In any case, I routinely leave my grill running over night while we're sleeping. I'd never make brisket if I had to stay up and watch it.
  • #41 by SmokinHandyman on 04 Feb 2018
  • I have a 10'x10' canopy tent I put up for shade and rain.
  • #42 by ArborAgent on 04 Feb 2018
  • Here is my setup. I’m under a covered deck. The cover is made of galvanized steel and I’m a few feet from anything combustible.
  • #43 by Canadian John on 05 Feb 2018

•  A big thank you to all that have posted photos of their cooking areas.

It can help anyone of us that are contemplating a covered cooking area or improvements to one.
  • #44 by Quadman750 on 05 Feb 2018
  • Here is my permanent campsite at the lake I used to have with my outdoor cooking area.
  • #45 by Canadian John on 05 Feb 2018
  •  
     Q'750 - Wow!
Pages:
Actions