Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Firmware Update  (Read 1652 times)

Kpeters73

Firmware Update
« on: January 29, 2018, 09:07:58 PM »

I just updated to 6.7, anyone using it?  Tips for the climate adjustments?

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
Re: Firmware Update
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 07:38:42 AM »

I put mine on cold climate the night before Thanksgiving knowing it was going to be in the thirties the following morning.  It was 37 or 38 when I started it and everything seemed fine.  It fired up and started smoking some so I went in the house because it was too cold for my South Texas liking.  Went out about 10 minutes later and no smoke or heat.  Shut it down to see what was going on and the burn pot was overflowing with pellets.  Set it to average climate and started over again.  Everything went fine after that.  I decided I would leave it on average except for summer when it's in the triple digits here.  I need more testing, though.  I got it in late July or early August of last year.  :bbq:
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

sleebus.jones

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • I like meat
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 08:31:02 AM »

I use mine on "cold", and haven't had that problem.  Sounds like a fluke to me.  I'm also in S. Texas.
-=<Cookshack PG1000 | GMG Davy Crockett WiFi | GMG Jim Bowie WiFi | Cinderblock rev flow pit | Weber S-670>=-

TravlinMan

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 07:16:20 PM »

I'm likely on a different/earlier firmware, I experienced too aggressive of a pellet feed when set on 'cold' climate, I just set it to 'warm or hot' and it works fine, even when the weather is in the 'teens'.

:bbq:
Memphis Pro * Louisiana Grills LG-700 * Country Smoker Traveller * Traeger PTG

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 07:39:25 AM »

I use mine on "cold", and haven't had that problem.  Sounds like a fluke to me.  I'm also in S. Texas.

When I fired it up, it just didn't sound right, either.  The auger was talking to me quite a bit.  I figured it was just the cold, but I am very suspicious of it being operator error.  I updated the firmware when I got the wifi controller.  I just need to mess with it more in different weather conditions.  I'm always trying to come up with an excuse to use it.
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Redapple

• Using less gas.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 11:28:12 PM »

I'm on 6.7. Never messed with the climate settings, keep in the middle. I am in SoCal so it might get down to 40 at night where I am, seems to work just fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up