Poll: Who would you allow to participate in a drawing for a Product that was donated?

Anyone, even if they sign up after the drawing is announced?
Someone who is a Member before the drawing is announced?
A Member with X amount of post? (You will have to make a comment on how many X is.)
I have a suggestion that is not listed. (Again, you will have to comment.)

Pages:
Actions
  • #61 by Free Mr. Tony on 31 Jan 2018
  • Whatever decision is made, i will abide by it, but when you have the next ticket sale/survey, Could you please either sticky it to the top of the forum, or add a new section just for the contests?  I missed the uuni one and the survey one due to not seeing them on time.

I sure was surprised at the Uuni tickets going as fast as they did. Basically, if you didn't get on that weekend you were out. I assumed it would take at least a week.

It seems there was alot of excitement for the first one. Who knows if future ones would be as popular. If it's a higher value item the tickets may have to be more as well, which may or may not keep people from going in.
  • #62 by Bentley on 31 Jan 2018
  • I thought a month would be fast!

I assumed it would take at least a week.
  • #63 by Just David on 31 Jan 2018
  • I thought a month would be fast!

I'm not surprised it went fast. That's because there are people like me - people who come everyday and soak up what others are saying. By the time I want to chime in on a thread, what I would say has already been said once or twice and so I don't feel the need to be a redundant voice. That's my choice.

But people like me love this site, and we want to support both the site and the innovative idea behind a group buy of a Uuni for the sake of testing it. A part of me is hoping I don't win it and it goes to someone who contributes more. That doesn't mean I wasn't willing to be involved with the purchase of it. Both to support the site and to see a good review of the uuni.

That said, I think giveaways should have a posting limit - at least 50. Maybe 100.
  • #64 by dk117 on 31 Jan 2018
  • when PH was dying there was a thread about improvements to the site.  I don't think it would be hard but I don't know if this forum software supports such a thing.  I'm not proposing turning this into Facebook, but I made a suggestion of like button on posts or threads that would be a way for the lurkers to contribute.   (and eliminate redundancy, but I don't mind that much, nice to hear others thoughts)

DK
    • dk117
  • #65 by mowin on 31 Jan 2018
  • So, Bentley.... After 5 pages of different answers and opinions, has it made your decision easier? 

Although I fully believe you already had a game plan in place on what you were going to do before you posted this question.
  • #66 by Kristin Meredith on 31 Jan 2018
  • Why does everyone assume it is his decision?  If folks only knew......
  • #67 by mowin on 31 Jan 2018

Who's everyone???? I'm the only one who mentioned it. And his original post didn't mention anyone else!!!   

But I'm sorry not to include you into the equation, but, HE is the one who posted the question.
  • #68 by Michael_NW on 01 Feb 2018

"The husband is the head of the family . . . but the wife is the neck." I think most of us, by experience, understand the truth of that.    ;D

Golly, a guy goes away for 24 hours and the thread blows up. I really enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and perspectives, and what I'm thinking has already been said a few times. I think having discussions like this helps the site, whether the Merediths need our input or not, cuz when we voice our honest opinions we need to know we will be respected by those who disagree and not put down. I don't think you find this just anywhere. This is cool.
  • #69 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Feb 2018
  • Except I am a sister, not a wife and an older sister to boot!
  • #70 by keithj69 on 01 Feb 2018
  • I appreciate the responses and i did miss the stickies.
  • #71 by ArborAgent on 01 Feb 2018

Wait, Kristin, you and Bentley are brother and sister?
  • #72 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Feb 2018
  • Yep, have been for nearly 60 years.  He was Mom's favorite :pig:
  • #73 by mowin on 01 Feb 2018
  • Learn something new everyday..  would never have guessed that. 
  • #74 by Bobitis on 01 Feb 2018

Get outta here... I thought you were 20 years his younger!  :o
  • #75 by Kristin Meredith on 01 Feb 2018
  • Flattery will get you everywhere!!!!  No, he is the baby and I think, looking back, that we were sometimes very abusive to him because he had such a good nature.
Pages:
Actions